Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one use it on an aPad? I installed and tried to do a video test call, but it automatically disables my volume. I've tried enabling it again several times via settings, but every time I connect to the test call, I have the little speaker "x" symbol in my taskbar.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just tested Fring again with a voice-only call, and it does the same thing. When I hit the green call button, my aPad's volume is automatically muted. When I hit the red end call button, it's un-muted.Anyone have a fix for this, or another app for voice/video chatting?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure...the one that is available for download via the Android Market. Oh, and I'm running the latest stable Roger Braun ROM on my aPad (which I understood fixed the mic issues).

·
Registered
142 Posts
netrevolver;16777 said:
owh really? Did you hear the voice of the person you called?
Yes I can hear the person I'm talking to but my problem is, the conversation lags. Its like using a walkie talkie. "One person says something - pause -next person says something -pause- again." I'm using Fring version 2.0.0.13 made on March 16 2010. I'm curious, is their a later version that I may test? if so, could someone post a link to the .apk file? I dont have access to the legit marketplace. Also, if it helps, I'm running a VIA model aPad/iRobot. Apparently my Kernel version is...2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty-and I'm running Android 1.6. I have yet to try any other kernels, updates, ect and have pretty much figured out how to get the most (IMO) out of this device with the tools I have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
[quote name='LightyKD;16955]Yes I can hear the person I'm talking to but my problem is' date=' the conversation lags. Its like using a walkie talkie. "One person says something - pause -next person says something -pause- again." I'm using Fring version 2.0.0.13 made on March 16 2010. I'm curious, is their a later version that I may test? if so, could someone post a link to the .apk file? I dont have access to the legit marketplace. Also, if it helps, I'm running a VIA model aPad/iRobot. Apparently my Kernel version is...2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty-and I'm running Android 1.6. I have yet to try any other kernels, updates, ect and have pretty much figured out how to get the most (IMO) out of this device with the tools I have.[/QUOTE'] I have that model too, and voice chat is working with fring, i don't know why it doesn't work with rockchip irobot hybrid 6 beta, do you know how to port android 1.6 on rockchip device?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I still couldnt get it to work though, but I think it is the speaker that is causing the issues. It will connect to Skype, Google Talk etc but when you do the test call it simply doesnt come through. On skype I can get the video call working, but again I have NO sound.......I've flashed RB6 test on my apad now as I was having a few minor gripes, I will re-test all the apps again and report back IF I can get any of them working satisfactorily (typo??) when I get the chance to test properly......Riki

·
Registered
44 Posts
[quote name='riki1kenobi;17272]I still couldnt get it to work though' date=' but I think it is the speaker that is causing the issues. It will connect to Skype, Google Talk etc but when you do the test call it simply doesnt come through. On skype I can get the video call working, but again I have NO sound.......I've flashed RB6 test on my apad now as I was having a few minor gripes, I will re-test all the apps again and report back IF I can get any of them working satisfactorily (typo??) when I get the chance to test properly......Riki[/QUOTE'] Same problem

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.