Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Fring now supports video calling on Android. Anyone installed it and tried it? Will it even work on the aPad?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I tested it shortly and video works for Fring contacts, not Skype. But the video quality was very bad. :)Moving to Applications sub-forum.

·
Registered
64 Posts
for me Fring won't allow me to do video calls.
"Note: video calls are currently disabled on your phone due to device limitations."may I ask how you got it to work?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just installed Fring and tested a video call with the Fring Test Contact. It started the call, I could see my video display in the upper-right corner (very small, though - 180x120) and I could see the 'Fring Test Girl'.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i never thought to try it, but I just went into settings and turned on the "video call" which was automatically turned off by the disclaimer I quoted aboveandnow it works, but you're right gevrik, the video quality is real bad. :)thank you!

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
What kind of tablets are you using? I have a M70003 and I got the same message as Themsn that "video calls are currently disabled on your phone due to device limitations".

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
blazingwolf;45302 said:
Skype and Fring are arguing about Video calls. Might be why it is not working.
Nope. :(Fring has its own video system. I use it on my Nokia 6120 Classic. When Skype and Fring still were friends you could use Fring's "Skype bridge" to make video calls from mobile phones with Fring to computers with Skype. Now it's only Fring to Fring (or Skype to Skype).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts