Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went back to factory reset and if you do not allow Google market to install updates on google search and hangouts then the tablet stays stabile. If you let google components update then system process start to freeze and tablet restart randomly.

Other experience: Cannot use 2G on Vodafone only 3G so i cannot use data in rural env. Only in city.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I went back to factory reset and if you do not allow Google market to install updates on google search and hangouts then the tablet stays stabile. If you let google components update then system process start to freeze and tablet restart randomly.

Other experience: Cannot use 2G on Vodafone only 3G so i cannot use data in rural env. Only in city.
Did you try if 2G works with SIM cards other than Vodafone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I have just got a Freelander PX2, but have a wifi problem with it.

Each time it is powered up, it has a different MAC address.
This is something I have never seen before on a stock product -
(I understand you can spoof the address, but normally it should be fixed).

Can anyone confirm whether their PX2 does this, or whether it has a fixed MAC address?

David

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey guys, have a look at this thread. CWM recovery for Ainol AX1 should work on freelander px2 too because of same hardware... but it would be better to use your own MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc file (you can generate this file using MTK tools application -- although the one in thread should also work fine but that would be even better)

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/92153-ainol-numy-ax1-cwm-recovery/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

Today I received my freelander px2. I tried to follow the instructions posted here http://www.pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?22654-ROM-Clean-ROM-for-Freelander-PX2-MTK8389-Quad-Core-(update-Sep-6th-2013)/ to flash the device to the latest clean ROM. I got to the "Download" stage. I clicked the "Download" button and connected my Freelander PX2 with the USB cable.

I was having some issues making Windows 7 actually pick up the "MTK" device and load the correct driver. So I was playing around with the drivers and disconnecting and reconnecting the Freelander PX2 (Whilst leaving the Flash tool on DOWNLOAD mode, which was waiting for me to connect the Freelander PX2)

I must have reconnected it several times in the process of trying to make Windows 7 recognise the device. When I looked at the flash tool I noticed it had got to around 57% with the progress bar and stopped. I can only assume I managed to get the MTK drivers installed correctly at some point but tablet didn't really tell me new software was being uploaded to it. So basically I didn't know the flash tool was sending the new software to the tablet when I must have disconnected it during the process.

I can only assume I've interrupted the NAND flash process? When I try to reconnect the tablet now it says "USB Device Not Recognized". There doesn't seem to be much support anywhere on the internet for this specific device or issue.

I've tried holding the power button for 30 seconds.. nothing happens
I've tried holding the power button plus volume up button for 30 seconds.. nothing happens
There's also no USB disconnect sound when I hold the power button down? Surely a hard reset should trigger a USB disconnect sound in Windows.

What are my options at this stage? Is it completely dead?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I've been having this annoying problem, I'm using a freelander px2 and 1 thing I hate is ignorance, I mean u launch a modern tablet into the market , you know the people who are going to buy it are going to want to root it, add customized cwm, and flash new roms on it, but for some reason You just don't add support for that tablet, I mean is it so hard to add windows 8 drivers for these tablets,we have to go back in the past and install your windows 7 down to XP drivers, and here's the irritating part, none of the drivers are working, I plug in the tablet, I have to add new hardware via the add hardware wizard and they still don't work afterwards,I love the chinese and they brilliant, but please guys you gotta think about this stuff, cause if I knew I was going to have a hard time installing simple drivers for the freelander px2 I promise you I wouldn't have bought it..if anyone has an easier way of installing the freelander px2 in a way that actually makes the computer recognize the device please let me know a video would be great., this is so depressing.

PC specs

Windows 8
64bit operating system

Also tried installing them on a windows 7 32bit system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if anyone has an easier way of installing the freelander px2 in a way that actually makes the computer recognize the device please let me know a video would be great., this is so depressing.

I installed windows mobile device center from the ms site to start. That may not have been necessary for the PX2 but it is nice for my phone.

you have to switch usb modes on your PX2 in the settings menu. I switched to all of the modes available while connected to my Win8 pc and let Windows install all of the different drivers. Before I changed modes on the PX2 All I got was a driver error from windows.

hope that helps

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.