Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed there wasn't any thread for the Freelander PD80HD (A31 CPU and SGX544MP2 GPU; 2GB RAM and 16GB space; 9.7" Retina display) so thought of creating one. Not an android expert and this is my first device, but thought it'd be a good place to discuss any issues we face.

CT has done a CM10 and AOKP for Allwinner A31 devices. Try it out and donate so he can continue putting time in !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you tried any custom ROMs? If so, how do they work?
Tried the CM10 ROM and it works well besides the known issues mentioned in the thread (keyboard sluggish etc). However, my main concern right now is the battery life. Seemed to be better on the stock firmware.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tried the CM10 ROM and it works well besides the known issues mentioned in the thread (keyboard sluggish etc). However, my main concern right now is the battery life. Seemed to be better on the stock firmware.
nice! Is your OTG still working using CM10? Mine is broken and I'm trying to fix it

I tried the Nextway F9x stock firmware (flashed using PhoenixSuit) and its running really quick!
Overclocked CPU to 1.2ghz using setcpu as well...
Only downside is that battery life is pretty poor, the screen is draining it very heavily, hopefully Freelander will fix it with a firmware update...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice! Is your OTG still working using CM10? Mine is broken and I'm trying to fix it

I tried the Nextway F9x stock firmware (flashed using PhoenixSuit) and its running really quick!
Overclocked CPU to 1.2ghz using setcpu as well...
Only downside is that battery life is pretty poor, the screen is draining it very heavily, hopefully Freelander will fix it with a firmware update...
The OTG was working using CM10 the last time I checked. Haven't tried it recently.

True about the battery life. It's really bad. Mine seemed to work fine using the stock firmware that was there but CM10 seems to draining it really badly. Have you tried the updated firmware, someone posted this on another site.

http://223.4.236.214/bbs/showtopic-13607.aspx

Just search for "PD80睿智(2.0)英文版" and install that firmware and see. I'm going to do that over the weekend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello.

i have a freelander pd80 wise and my problem with the cm10 custom is that i cant get a TWRP working with my tablet. i mean.. TWRP itself works but i cant control it because the touchscreen isn't working. any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello.

i have a freelander pd80 wise and my problem with the cm10 custom is that i cant get a TWRP working with my tablet. i mean.. TWRP itself works but i cant control it because the touchscreen isn't working. any ideas?
Give it 5-10 mins. It's unresponsive at first, but eventually the touchscreen works again. This happened to me too, I tried the Chuwi version of TWRP.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Give it 5-10 mins. It's unresponsive at first, but eventually the touchscreen works again. This happened to me too, I tried the Chuwi version of TWRP.
okay will try it, when i'm at home. u mean the chuwi version from christian troy's thread, right?!
i want the cm10 that much on the tablet cause the stock works terrible.. -.-

thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, cen you help me? ... Haw can I access boot menu ?
My tablet is Freelander PD80 (external buttons are only Power and ESC)

Regards,
Radp
You can do it via terminal: just type: reboot recovery.
or you can go to settings->backup & reset-> recovery mode
However standard recovery is rubbish. Try custom like twrp from Christian Troy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.