Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is not the place to post, delete if required.

I had a play with the stock ROM with the latest updates from Hannspree and as reported by Wonsky & fallingbadgers it is nice and smooth.

I used Go Launcher as a replacement launcher and in the app draw it reports running apps and used/free memory, at best I was reported 367 free I think the total Ram is around 460.

I am sure that some of the smoothness is due to this larger amount of Ram, better multi-tasking.

Any Ideas as to how the stock can have another 100+ Meg of Ram over any other ROM? (certainly none I have tried have had the same).

Is there a way to get the same total ram in the other ROM?

Is it possible to install one of the Custom Roms using the Stock Recovery Util (Vol+ & Power) ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm back on the fb 10.1 on average I'll have 16
0 - 200. If I startup a ram heavy app then the home launcher will be killed and have to be reloaded when exiting, causing a lot of sluggishness.

I'm guessing but that 100meg that is absent would make a very noticeable difference. Vegan tab is a faster from but memory wise acts the same as HC.

I guess nothing can be done. I'm just curious whether there is a way to mirror the memory setup the stock has in any other rom.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just been looking and my hc rom does show 437 total ram, I thought it was 300 or so (setting - application - running services is not clear on its reporting).

Quit surprised hc uses 200+ as standard.

·
Registered
104 Posts
in general the newer the android build the more ram it takes to run. also the way google set this up is simple. everything that is needed is loaded to ram memory. the rest is free for additional apps you want to run. if you open a very ram intensive app the system makes a choice as to the priority and shuts somethng else down. someone else mentoned the launcher force close.

the stock will have more ram as the manufacturer has optimised the software for the hardware. evey other build is ported from another device. unless the hardware is exactly the same as the hannspadd there will be some variance. its unlikely the build is optimised for the padd so the chances are it wont have as much free memory. it will work fine but its likely there may be more glitches.

i tend to stay with froyo for this reason. firstly it leaves more ram in the background so its less likely to crash any loaded apps. and secondly its optimised for the pad

regards

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts