Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a n00b :)Anyway, here's what I bought:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110553066717&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:ITI asked the seller why the first photo was of an iPad (you can see the Safari icon), and he said something along the lines of "just because they're so similar." When I asked who the manufacturer was, he told me "it's an aPad." Now that I've done more reading, I'm kinda scared. I understand that it's the VIA instead of the Rockchip, that's not TOO big a deal. My main concerns now are whether or not this uses the actual Android Market for apps (I read on here about someone who got one that ran some janky generic app market thing instead), the fact that real aPads are supposed to have 3000mAh batteries (this one is listed at 1500mAh), and the fact that it claims to be running Android 1.7 (which I've now read does not exist).Seriously, should I just go ahead and order a 600Mhz Rockchip version from somewhere reputable with more specific specs listed, then just not even open this one when it gets here and toss it back up on eBay? I was planning on trying it out for a few days and then deciding, but if I've made a huge mistake, I'd rather rectify it by ordering the real thing now, rather than have to wait even longer

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Hi, I'm the resident BS artist.I said elsewhere on here that people should take no more risk than they're comfortable with. Sometimes comfort is worth paying for. Sounds like you're willing to pay for some comfort. I would order the real thing. Remember, all of these things are cheap Chinese... well, junk. The level of junkiness varies wildly. If you ebay this and have trouble returning it, it sounds like you will wish you had paid for the real thing in the first place.My 0.02. Aside from that, I wouldn't buy from someone who posts pics they admit aren't what they're selling when you call them on it, but not when they're advertising it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, lesson learned. I trust people way too much on eBay :(Anyway, just spoke with my husband, and he likened it to when he traded in the DS he bought used for a new one and paid the difference because it just wasn't giving him the "warm fuzzies." He sia dthat even if this one ended up working fine for me, just knowing that there was a better one available for roughly the same price would drive me crazy. I'm going for it. I'll figure out what to do with the eBay one once it gets here. Only thing that really sucks is that I just wasted 2 days of wait time that could have gone toward the one I'm going to order here in a bit, lol!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
See, now you're asking me to bless your choice. At some point you gotta take a leap. If you buy one and it sucks, I don't want to be responsible. I'll take the credit though...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are so many model numbers flying around here, can anyone tell me exactly which belongs to what I bought (link to mp4nation a few posts up)? Is it simply an aPad, an Orphan, an Eken, M001/2/3?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
The Rockchip version you want to buy is the iRobot aPad. You can look at them at www.hiapad.com. This is a manufacturer backed website. They have links to stores you can buy them at a slightly higher price to guarantee you are getting the real deal. The ViA chips suck. If you get a Chinese iPad ripoff device get the aPad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, I know that the Rockchip one is what I WANT to buy. I've already bought 2 of these because I bought the VIA one by mistake the first time, lol!I just wanted to know what the technical name for the one in the following link was:http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=407That's the second one I have coming to me. So that one isn't named with a number or anything, it's just the "iRobot aPad?"

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Ok this is where it gets kind of confusing. the thing you should focus on is the chipset rockchip,via,telechipat the moment the rockchip seem to be faster and most people are very happy with it ps: its a Apad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.