Hi all, yes I'm new My M001 arrived last week and seeing these boards most of the pro's and con's have been discussed already, I'd like to add my 2c if I may.Upon opening the package from Hong Kong the first thing I noticed was tiny specs of moisture/glue or dirt on the inside of the screen and overall the sturdyness of the device felt flimsey and lacked structural composure. I know decent resistive touch-screens are few and far between especially on a device for $79 but it bugs the hell out of me when the keyboard repeats keystrokes too easily and panning from one corner and up and down the screen feels very un-natural, to me this seems like a software issue with the screen as the screen itself seems able to deal with the input.Wifi - I cannot understand why on earth anyone would place a wifi card directly beside a magnetic speaker and directly underneath the palm of the hand of the user theat is holding the device, both factors hamper the ability of the card, plus the fact that there is *no* antenna???Being honest this device ain't worth a whole lot more than we are paying for it - it's that good ol' saying "you get what you pay for" .So what can this device be used for?
- It's terrible at surfing the web as the medium between you and the webpage is a stuttering mennace of a keyboard and navigation feels too un-natural too work with for long periods of time.
- I can't bring it places without power as the battery life is not so good.
- I can't give it to someone whom knows little of technology as the means of getting half decent performance from the device are limited to tech savvy people.
- I could use it to cook my egg's on in the morning as the device must reach 50c
- I may just use it as a PA system or such