Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aliexpress has a supposed policy of refunding your order if it goes past the stated processing time without shipping.Except that they don't actually do that. Not so far anyway:1.) I ordered an IRobot from a Chinese seller after first asking questions through the Aliexpress chat facility. The seller assured me that it was in stock, that it was new, silver in color, and would ship in two days. I recorded the chat.2.) I placed the order. I paid extra for DHL express shipping. The Aliexpress listing actually said allowable processing time was 3 days. It also says:"The supplier must ship your order within 3 days of payment or you will be fully refunded." No problem, then, 2 days maybe, 3 for sure. and DHL.3.) I'm naturally anxious and excited, and kept checking my Aliexpress account for a tracking number and confirmation that it had been shipped. The seller is required to provide these to Aliexpress and I will see it in real time. Nothing happens.One day goes by. Two days go by. Nope, well the chat promise isn't true. Two and a half days go by. Nothing. Three days go by, nothing. No shipment, according to Aliexpress. No automatic cancellation either.Now I'm pissed. Why did I spend an extra 25 bucks for DHL express if they can't even be bothered to send it out in the required 3 business days, assuming they even havethe pad? Also, if the seller doesn't tell the truth about availability or shipping, how do I know what I'll be getting?Okay, I'll manually cancel it, and order it elsewhere, since my money will be refunded. So I hit the CANCEL button in my "account details" next to the line that says, "The supplier must ship your order within 3 days of payment or you will be fully refunded." There is also a display right next to the button indicating it hasn't in fact been shipped by day 3. Convenient, that automatic cancel button and display. Screen clears and reformats.But then I see a message that Aliexpress customer support will be reviewing the cancellation, and they will now be contacting the seller to ask for his side of the dispute, and the review may take awhile. What review? It's an open and shut case right? It hasn't been shipped in three days, according to Aliexpress itself. That's their own policy, right? Review?I decide not to leave things in these guy's hands in case there's another run around, as there now seems to be. Better initiate a PayPal claim to make sure I get the money back. I trust their judgement a little better than Aliexpress, at least they're in this country, and by now I'm more pissed at AE than I am at the original seller. That cancellation ought to generate an instant refund.Day 4: My Aliexpress acount says the purchase is now "frozen" because of a PayPal dispute. The canned message tells me they wish I hadn't initiated a chargeback, when I have so much protection already from Aliexpress -- I should have please contacted AE customer support or read their FAQ, etc.Right! More stalling -- the simple answer would have just been to issue a PayPal refund, then and there. Now they are freezing it to "investigate." Investigate what? The item has never been shipped and is past due for their processing deadline.I nevertheless I do what they ask as well, and write an email to AE customer support (tough to find an address for them, by the way) telling them clearly that the order was canceled in conjunction with their own processing refund terms, and that I want my money back so I can re-order elsewhere.I get this back:"Regarding your application for dispute (AliexpressOrder: xxxxxxxxx) on Paypal, by checking with seller, they stated that they didn?t send out the goods but they will be ready to send the item to you if you still want to order. And the seller stated that they are ready to help, if you have any questions on their products. "We aim to reasolve the dispute as soon as possible, so please reply to me within 3 days."Gee, now I've got 3 days to answer them. Ahh, the familiar 3 days. Apparently the burden is now on me to act "quickly." Just what is it about "cancel the order" or "refund my money, or even an open PayPal dispute (with full documentation) gthat they don't understand?Okay so I answer them:"Absolutely not."I no longer want to do business with this seller."Since then, I've tried every means I can to get you, Aliexpress, to cancel this order, and refund the payment."I've used the button cancellation procedure on the website, written to your customer service asking for a refund, and opened a PayPal dispute. And still you haven't released the funds."I've wasted 4 days on an "express" order now, and I want to order elsewhere."Friends, is that confusing? Am I hard to understand? Is there another way of saying it?Well again no reply, so far.But I did find the following, ironically, on Aliexpress' own ASK IT website for customers:"Is ali express safe to use?"{I hear allot about scams on alibaba.com which puts me off using it, but I can see that ali express is safer because the payment is held until the delivery is confirmed by the buyer. But i was wondering is there any way they could scam you on ali express? or is it completely safe to use? I made an order about 4 days ago, but there is no tracking details yet, so i was a little worried.... does the tracking sometimes take a while to show up? maybe it takes the delivery guys a while to collect the parcel from the seller?"and an answer from another customer:"I Ordered from ali express and after 7 days there was no tracking, and ali express was supposed to refund me my held money. To-date its been about 20 days and nothing has been refunded... looks like a scam company. Beware guys, use this fraudulent company at your own risk!!"So I'm not holding my breath -- I've decided to order from merimobiles this time -- at least they have a good reputation here on the forum. Tired of waiting for Aliexcuse.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
I am going to recommend that all our members stay away from AliExpress, on this site you will find reputable dealers that will stand behind their products and not give you the run around .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To follow up, I received a notification from PayPal this morning that the disute has been resolved. I logged onto the PayPal site and my account shows a full refund from Aliexpress.I also received a notice from Aliexpress this morning indicating they had refunded the purchase. However checking on my account there just now, It still says "Frozen" because of a PayPal dispute. I had wanted to leave feedback for the seller, only stating that the order wasn't fulfilled in the promised processing time so others would be aware. But I can'[email protected], I agree, I also would recommend that people not order through Aliexpress, though I'm sure some transactions probably work out okay. It's just that it's a gamble, and Aliexpress needs serious arm twisting to make good on its own policies. I wouldn't count on it alone for scam protection. If people do use AE, be sure to do it through PayPal or some other means of getting your money back in case something goes wrong. And don't expect that the "processing time" in listings means anything.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
thanks for the follow up , I too have thought about ordering things from that site,but sadly it is being run like the wild west where rules are not being enforced. The site has alot of potential but until they over haul it I say it's a no go .

·
Registered
108 Posts
I too had ordered an apad twice from a supplier at aliexpress. Twice they did not send the items and i cancelled the order manually, i did receive a total refund on my paypal account both times ! So no problems there...Now i have ordered a blackberry clone and it is on it's way (atleast they say it is ;))

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not good to hear about the bad experiences. i have ordered 5 $20 ish products off the site and 3 have been "shipped" yet the tracking numbers are unrecognised in the tracking system they link to :/ i think the total of all my orders was ?10 so if i recieve 1 or 2 out of 5 it would still be a good deal but i would not recommend them for any other occasion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[quote name='vtpad;7093]To follow up' date=' I received a notification from PayPal this morning that the disute has been resolved. I logged onto the PayPal site and my account shows a full refund from Aliexpress.I also received a notice from Aliexpress this morning indicating they had refunded the purchase. However checking on my account there just now, It still says "Frozen" because of a PayPal dispute. I had wanted to leave feedback for the seller, only stating that the order wasn't fulfilled in the promised processing time so others would be aware. But I can'[email protected], I agree, I also would recommend that people not order through Aliexpress, though I'm sure some transactions probably work out okay. It's just that it's a gamble, and Aliexpress needs serious arm twisting to make good on its own policies. I wouldn't count on it alone for scam protection. If people do use AE, be sure to do it through PayPal or some other means of getting your money back in case something goes wrong. And don't expect that the "processing time" in listings means anything.[/QUOTE']So finally have u got the full refund?

·
Registered
43 Posts
imamophead;14695 said:
Not good to hear about the bad experiences. i have ordered 5 $20 ish products off the site and 3 have been "shipped" yet the tracking numbers are unrecognised in the tracking system they link to :/ i think the total of all my orders was ?10 so if i recieve 1 or 2 out of 5 it would still be a good deal but i would not recommend them for any other occasion.
Were these shipped with UPS? I've noticed with their system once the package has been moved on to their local freight forwarder (in australia its Australian Air Express) the tracking is removed from their online system. If you call them they can look up the tracking number that the freight forwarder gave them so you can check on the freight forwarders system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
To the dude above. Just as Ebay says, NEVER EVER, EVER use WESTERN UNION to pay for goods. This is surest way to loose all of your money. USE PAYPAL or Use your CREDIT CARD. This will be the only way to be protected from a scam and get your money back.I hope that this will be posted elsewhere to warn those innocent enough to trust all online vendors. Most are good, alot are not.BE Aware, BE Careful, LISTEN to other users and USE PAYPAL.Be safe, good luck in your buying and have fun with what you bought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have completed one order through AliExpress, and a second one is in progress. With the second order, I cannot seem to get tracking information - however when I go directly to the shippers tracking page (?й????????Ź?˾), tracking info is available. Looks like alibaba.com has a problem communicating with ?й????????Ź?˾, making it seem as if the order has not shipped, whereas it apparently has. Tried to report the problem - but after filling their online problem reporting form, all I got was an error page 'cannot send e-mail'. Duh. Shoddy.Not very impressed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I attempted to use AliExpress to order from Wirelession. When they told me they could not ship the order out within a reasonable amount of time, I canceled and got my money back no problem. :|

G

·
I guess I should have read this first....count me in on the "bait and switch" activities on Aliexpress....At least I had the intelligence to use paypal,will report back on how the refund goes

G

·
Looks like Aliexpress dosent care at all about the deceitful activities of one of their businesses,and has totally ignored all attempts at communication,through paypal or their own channels....so this will be upgraded from a dispute to a claim on Monday,pity,I would have at least thought that they would say SOMETHING......

·
The Hand That Smites
652 Posts
good old AliExpress Duck an dodge. Seems like sellers are more than happy to answer you when you are intrested in purchasing something, but after you place the order you can't reach them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aliexpress may not be much help but if you do your home work. You can get a good deal from a good supplier. I bought an android X5A with G-sensor and multi-touch from Shenzhen Eternal Technology Co., Ltd. I ordered it from them as a slight gamble because of what I read here but they had a good history even though it was short. They also had shipping information I liked, using UPS Express Saver.Once I ordered the tablet it arrived 4 business days. I was able to track it each step of the way. It had everything that was promised plus a 4gig micro SD card and micro to full SD adapter.Even with having a successful first order, I will always be suspicious of Aliexpress but I will be will to do business with Shenzhen Eternal Technology Co., Ltd. Again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
imamophead;14695 said:
Well, I have same experience with Aliexpress when i ordered electronic kit box from them, but they sent me a defective box and delivery took long days. When i enquired, i received no responses!!. From then on, i moved to Chinabuye, i received my kit on time, with good service. The rates are quite reasonable and good quality. They are both wholesale and drop ship all over the world. I am satisfied with them!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm typing this on the second tablet and third overall item I've ordered on aliexpress. Certainly there are scammers out there,  but I think they're in the minority. I think most people will be fine if they just look for sellers with good ratings who are close in price to others. Lots of outrageous claims made by the scammers. My last transaction even involved a partial refund on the sellers word only and they honored it.  There are plenty of good experiences out there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have ordered from Shenzhen Eternal Technology Co., Ltd via Aliexpress and received items within the week. Alibaba is the same people. Like a Shenzen fleamarket. Depends on the person you are buying from. And as stated, if someone requests a Western Union Payment, RUN as fast as you can!

Jimmy

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a small business very small and have ordered from China for years directly from a supplier with little problems. This month May 2011 I placed an order with Aliexpress on a new bank account, business related. Within an hour after that order I had 2 charges put on that new account one for music at 99 cents and another for a pending order to a computer supplier in the U.S. Fortunately they had put some sort of trail thing thru which was for a dollar before they would pull the full order amount. I immediately called them and they told me that it appeared that my bank account information had been compromised and suggested that I immediately call my bank, I did and the computer merchant reversed the transaction. Same time I started to receive email's from Aliexpress telling me my payment did not go thru, although that money had been pulled from my account via Paypal and that I had emails from the suppliers, there was none when I pulled up my info via my Aliexpress rather than going thru the emails links. I wrote Aliexpress and detailed my experiences several times and the replies were totally unrelated to my concerns the main being that there could have been many causes but would they please check their security. I will not ever order from them again I feel like they could potentially be a source of problems which they will not check but rather send out some sort of form letters. That's my experience it may not be yours but I feel strongly enough about my bad experience which could have turned into a true nightmare and wiped out my business and the lack of concern or reading abilities of Aliexpress.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.