Android Tablets Forum banner
601 - 620 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm running 2222's KitKat ROM. Interestingly not only I can watch youtube HD videos but also have bluetooth turned on. I couldn't do the former alone with Kasty's KitKat ROM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm running 2222's KitKat ROM. Interestingly not only I can watch youtube HD videos but also have bluetooth turned on. I couldn't do the former alone with Kasty's KitKat ROM.
I spoke too soon. Youtube HD stutters again with bluetooth. At least youtube HD plays fine as long as bluetooth isn't on. I had to down the resolution to avoid buffering on the other KitKat ROMs

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm running 2222's KitKat v2.0.1 ROM. I just flashed manupc's 1.8 ghz OC kernel. Before the manupc's OC kernel, my Antutu score was 19,213, it's now 21,332. Pretty good gain. Real life use shows a real good boost too. Kudos to manupc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ManuPC's 1.8Ghz kernel makes my tablet crash all the time so take care it doesn't seem to work on all tablets
damn should never have tried this kernel keeps crashing
had to re-flash the 2.01 firmware
Same here...

via Tapatalk, BlackBerry Z10

·
Registered
23 Posts
This strange and I'm sorry to hear - both kernels from manupc work superfast and reliable on my X2 - antutu score of >22k ...

Which manupc kernel did you test ? The one with undervolting ?

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
This strange and I'm sorry to hear - both kernels from manupc work superfast and reliable on my X2 - antutu score of >22k ...

Cheers
Yes i only tested the one with undervolting

·
Registered
23 Posts

Cheers

Yes i only tested the one with undervolting
In this case I'd suggest giving the other PC kernel a try as in some 3d tests of antutu the undervolting kernel produced minor video glitches (with did not show up during my daily work/usage) so it seems, that the undervolting kernel is more demanding hardware-wise .

Gesendet von meinem ifiveX2 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
In this case I'd suggest giving the other PC kernel a try as in some 3d tests of antutu the undervolting kernel produced minor video glitches (with did not show up during my daily work/usage) so it seems, that the undervolting kernel is more demanding hardware-wise . Gesendet von meinem ifiveX2 mit Tapatalk
I noticed that with the normal Kernel (from the 2222 2.01 rom ).

the cpu is 300 - 1600 Mhz

the OC kernel was 500 - 1800 Mhz , so this one will use more battery on idle right ?

I'd like to test it again , but can someone give me a link to the 'normal' kernel so I can revert to that one if things go wrong

or is there a easy way to backup my current '2222 2.01' Kernel ?

ciao

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed that with the normal Kernel (from the 2222 2.01 rom ).

the cpu is 300 - 1600 Mhz

the OC kernel was 500 - 1800 Mhz , so this one will use more battery on idle right ?

I'd like to test it again , but can someone give me a link to the 'normal' kernel so I can revert to that one if things go wrong

or is there a easy way to backup my current '2222 2.01' Kernel ?

ciao
You may backup your OS with cwm recovery. When you restore, you can chose advenced restore, it can restore kernel or any parts respectively.

601 - 620 of 641 Posts