2,176 Posts
TNT Custom Rooted/Cleaned Firmware with updated/improved build.prop

http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/node/222

Cheers!

Roman

Additional Info:

Standard Image based on latest stock version 1.18 release 09/16

All of the normal goodness included...

- Stock Fast Launcher (NOT the iFive launcher, this is a clean launcher)
- Rooted
- Build.Prop modded which definitely results in wider market access (Can now access more gameloft games like Wild Blood)
- Custom Background
- Custom Boot Animation
- Stock Recovery Environment for MAXIMUM Stability
- All Chinese Junk Removed (there is a weather app on the lock screen still but you can remove that)
- Loaded up with some useful apps such as ES File Explorer, Google Music, SuperSU(free).
- Changed default browser home screen to the Top Notch Tablets Paid Search page - If you like free firmware releases like this one, please considering using it as it is an easy no-cost-to-you way to support my work! (If you hate it you can change it very easily.)

Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got my x2 today and flashed kasty Rom. Unfortunately it feels a bit lagging, maybe it's too early to say, maybe it's just settling down, but I know kasty doesn't have x2 so he's cooking Rom virtually. Roman, I assume you tested your tnt Rom on x2, any lagging or any other problem? Thanks, I would flash tnt Rom tomorrow.

Sent from my ifiveX2 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
27 Posts
Flashed tnt rom, seems to be faster than kasty, but still there are some lags, so i'm starting to think maybe my tablet is broken in terms of nand, i/o speed.
I'm attaching screenshot with results from androbench, can you please check if these (my) results are ok (as in ranking they are way worse than samsung and thers) and maybe test your x2 and share results. This way i will be sure if my tablet is damaged or ok.
Thanks!

via tapatalk, ifive x2

·
Registered
10 Posts
TNT Custom Rooted/Cleaned Firmware with updated/improved build.prop

http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/node/222

Cheers!

Roman

Additional Info:

Standard Image based on latest stock version 1.18 release 09/16

All of the normal goodness included...

- Stock Fast Launcher (NOT the iFive launcher, this is a clean launcher)
- Rooted
- Build.Prop modded which definitely results in wider market access (Can now access more gameloft games like Wild Blood)
- Custom Background
- Custom Boot Animation
- Stock Recovery Environment for MAXIMUM Stability
- All Chinese Junk Removed (there is a weather app on the lock screen still but you can remove that)
- Loaded up with some useful apps such as ES File Explorer, Google Music, SuperSU(free).
- Changed default browser home screen to the Top Notch Tablets Paid Search page - If you like free firmware releases like this one, please considering using it as it is an easy no-cost-to-you way to support my work! (If you hate it you can change it very easily.)

Cheers!
Dear Roman

Could You tell me/us how to install Your ROM please?

Best regards
Bart

·
Registered
27 Posts
Flashing a new firmware image to your IFive X2
Note: This process will completely wipe your Android partition, replacing it with the selected image.
It you would like to save your apps and/or data you should perform a backup before flashing your tablet. This process does not require a rooted X2, but if the image you are applying is rooted, this process will grant you root access on your X2

1. Download the Rockchip_Batch_Tool 1.7 from here:
2. Extract it to a known folder on your PC.
3. Disconnect your X2 from all power sources and shut it down.
4. Connect a micro USB cable to the X2 but not to your PC yet.
5. Press the right side of the volume button (the volume +).on your X2.
6. While continuing to hold the button down, plug the other end of the USB cable into a PC running Windows XP, 7, or 8.
7. If your X2 does not display an image at all, congratulations. You are in flash mode.
8. Windows will detect a new device, but will be unable to automatically install the drivers. You should now see an Unknown Device in Device Manager.
9. Right click the Unknown Device and select Update Driver Software and then Browse my computer for driver software, then browse to where you extracted it to. Continue to the following folder:
Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7\Rockusb\Driver\<your architecture>\<your OS>​
Once you have selected the folder, click OK. Windows should now detect the driver files and install them.
Device Manager will then show a new device category:
Class for rockusb devices
and a new device:
Rockusb Device
10. You can now launch the Rockchip_Batch_Tool 1.7. It should look like the following image, with a green box.

Select the .img file you wish to flash, then click the Restore button. This is how the BatchTool should appear just before flashing.

The batchtool will erase your old android partition and replace it with the new image, wiping out any applications or saved settings.
via tapatalk, ifive x2

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just installed the rooted Kasty 1.2.0
but I can't see any difference

-set I/o sheduler to noop
-set wifi maxpower to 82 in nvram.txt
-and install ViperFx for audio

great little tablet for its price !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, i'm ruben and i have broken ifive X2 touch screen.Can you tell me where can i buy touch screen here in the Philippines or online shop?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts