Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far i am happy with the mini3 and 4.4.2 and i bought a Jetech ipad mini cover but as suspected the sleep function does not work.

I saw those miny green covers on alieexpress which seem to have the sleep function but i hate the color of the case.

Does anybody have a other nice case on which the sleep function does work ?

Maybe theres a little mod. so we can use ipad mini covers and his sleep function?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my mini3 from Apex Group on Aliexpress and got it with a black case. It probably isn't genuine as it doesn't have holes for the speaker. Otherwise it fits really well and the sleep function works perfectly.

I quite liked the greeny/blue covers but they didnt have them in stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried many ipad mini cases on to see if one of them worked. Sadly, not one did with sleep function. So I ended up just getting the minty green case (I also hated the color). Turns out, It isn't that bad. It's very sturdy, the tri-fold works, and the the green has worn well these last few months. I haven't felt the need to look for a case since.

Now having said that, through extensive, and may I add, highly unscientific methods (i.e. sliding around the covers) I kinda feel the sensor is toward bottom middle. That probably doesn't help your dilemma at all, just thought I throw it out there.

Oh, and stay away from the non-tri fold case that ifive sells for the mini. Although that one does come in many colors (I was given the black), It's crap. the tab does not fold back, so it's constantly getting in the way. And when you fold the cover to back and hold it at the bottom, it will engage the sleep function and turn of the screen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried the original ifive case for my mini 3 retina and it works great since weeks now. It is not the folding one. I also had no issue w/ the function

Gesendet von meinem IfiveMini3 mit Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts