Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update:

usage: wifi.

Connecting wifi is fast and accurate. However, getting a page to load is like taking ages! I have yet to find out the cause of the problem.

Edited 1: not the line. Its pefectly working.

Edited 2: i did a reset on Battery Doctor and restarted the 3gs and voila, the wifi works 100%!

·
Registered
44 Posts
update jun 13th:

Benchmark Antutu X scores

I put the 3gs through 6 continuous Antutu X benchmark process and it gave scores between 26500 - 276XX, started with the first score of 26xxx and ending up the last score in the 276XX. The scores portrays a gentle uphill climb.

I will put the 3gs in similar tests in Antutu normal soon. And this time I will record it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update jun 14th:

Antutu Benchmark scores:

Total tests - 6, continuous

1. 27,761
2. 27,158
3. 27,358
4. 26,958
5. 26,945
6. 27,457

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Side-track news:

Latest info on iFive mini 4:

Expected release: 4th week of june (usatablets).

It features gorilla glass, for the 1st time ever on iFive.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
HI, a bit of a shame to have such an informative thread hidden away under title "FNF ifive mini 3gs tempered-glass screen protector". That completely baffled me. I have never seen any tempered-glass screen protectors, just the plastic peel on/off variety.

Could the thread title be changed?

I've had mine for a while and am very happy with it indded. It does everything i ask of it with absolutely no comlaints. I haven't experienced any heating whilst watching video or browsing. But maybe I haven't done that intensively enough yet?

I was wondering if now that root was achievable there were any customer recoveries that could be used? Is there a way of overclocking the cpu?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
HI, a bit of a shame to have such an informative thread hidden away under title "FNF ifive mini 3gs tempered-glass screen protector". That completely baffled me. I have never seen any tempered-glass screen protectors, just the plastic peel on/off variety.

Could the thread title be changed?

I've had mine for a while and am very happy with it indded. It does everything i ask of it with absolutely no comlaints. I haven't experienced any heating whilst watching video or browsing. But maybe I haven't done that intensively enough yet?

I was wondering if now that root was achievable there were any customer recoveries that could be used? Is there a way of overclocking the cpu?
Hi palexr, nice to meet you here.

I would love to change the title and move this thread out of the rk3188 thread which it doesn't belong to, I hope the good Admin would read this and do like wise. The title should be: FNF iFive Mini 3gs - A user's perspective on the day-to-day usage OR similar.

Ok,back to your info. I have asked around and no, nobody is making a gorilla glass or similar product for our beloved mini 3gs yet. However, the material used by the manufacturer FNF for the OGS is stated to be protective, so that gives me some comfort at lease. Is it scratch-proof/shatter-proof? I have no idea since this is not disclosed in FNF's spec sheet.

As to the warming-up, yes it does warm up a bit during surfing and watching youtube videos whether on wifi or data, maybe not to 20+ C degrees but certainly you can feel the warmth.

I haven't seen any custom ROM yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update 2 jun 17:

So i just found this out:

The new firmware update version is v1.1.0, the previous one i have was v1.0.9. So i don't know if root still work or not. I 'll check and update.

Update 3, jun 17:

Bad news!

Root is GONE!

Rectangle Screenshot Font Line Software

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Update jun 21:

I have installed DU battery saver and seems like the battery lasts 1-2hrs longer than when I use battery doctor.

I have un-installed Clean Master and installed du speed booster. CM generates quite a number of Ads.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
SuperSU (chainfire)has an update which I dare not proceed for fear of loosing root. Has anybody tried it yet?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
update jun 26:

I have also switched from Dalvik runtime to ART runtime. I feel that the iFive mini 3gs is so responsive and faster now. I re-ran Antutu X and this time it gave a better score than before.

Somehow the iFive mini 3gs gave a better score in Antutu X than in Antutu Benchmark.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update 12JuL:

The battery a 4050mAh isn't good enough for the iFive mini 3gs, which lasted around 5-6 hrs of surfing, video watching and youtube. It drains very fast when video watching. I wish it could be more efficient and lasts 9-10 hours like my previous Asus Fonepad did.

The need to constantly charge every 5-6 hours just so bothersome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Update 13JuL:

I have reverted the theme back to the the Ifive mini 3gs original stock theme "3" and accodingly re-caliberated the battery using Battery HD+ and will observe for the next few days to see how the battery perform.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update 18 JuL:

The stock launcher "Launcher 3" isn't of much help either in terms of battery savings. I have now installed a new launcher called "APUS Launcher", a tiny minimalist launcher thats very fast and doesn't eat much of the much needed RAM but infact, saves quite a bit of RAM power, which I find that the available ram is constantly over 1gig.

And the Antutu x churned out better score as can be seen on a screenshot below:

Black Font Line Screenshot Gadget Gadget Operating system Screenshot Font Display device

Attachments

21 - 40 of 43 Posts