Because of ongoing updates and improvements, a lot of the very useful information posted on this thread and elsewhere require constant backwards and forwards referencing. I thought I would write down, to help those going through the upgrade and Market install, a snapshot of the complete walkthrough I used. This pulls together information from many different sources (references at the end of the post). I hope it helps someone out there and saves them from, among other things, needing 5 browser windows open at the same time, looking at different information simultaneously.In summary, two principal operations will be needed to get to using Google Market if that App is not already installed and working.
- Upgrade Handset firmware to v1.9_88, a firmware version that is rooted and that comes with Google Market; this is a one-step operation below.
- Obtain unique AndroidID for Handset so that Google Market will download apps: To get that ID, it's likely easiest to log in to Google Market from an Android Emulator on a Windows machine. This generates the ID and stores it on the Android Emulator (on the Windows machine) - what remains is to get that ID onto the Handset. This requires several unautomated steps, detailed below.
- Android ROM FAQ General ROM FAQ - Android Forums
- Rooting FAQ's (please post all related questions and concerns about rooting in here) - Android Forums
- [ROM] Gome Flytouch Firmware Releases (VIA WM8505 7" Tablet)