Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Let's try to collect information about it and try to upgrade battery.So my piece of info: flytouch use two 3.7v 2400mah batteries connected serial - total voltage is 7.4v(3.7x2) and capacity 2400mah. anyone know battery size (w,h,l) ?update:just teardown my flytouch and found two 7.4v 1800mah batteries connected parallel. so total voltage is 7.4v and capacity 3600mah. and i got about 1.5-2 hours work with wifi. battery size is 85x40x5 mm. even if put 5400mah battery inside the work time will be not so longer.i'm get off

· Banned
1,104 Posts
What SetCPU.txt are you using to OC the CPU in the ROM you have posted? The battery in mine is fine I get over 3.5 hrs, but I have tweaks in place and change out the two time outs. The feature in MySettings app is really helpful.

· Registered
43 Posts
The 2 batteries in my flytouch are 3.7v 1500mah each. Wired in series that's 7.4 volts with 1500mah total. When I got the tablet, I got about 1.5 hours of use with wifi. After a couple of weeks, the batteries stopped charging at all.

· Registered
43 Posts
[quote name='HidePerso;49125]If parallel - you will have 3.7v battery 3000mah' date=' unit by unit - you will have 7.4v battery 1500mah.[/QUOTE'] Sorry, you are correct!
I've edited my previous post.Adding cells in a string increases the voltage but the current remains the same.With parallel cells, the voltage stays the same but the current handling and runtime increases.

· Registered
55 Posts
so any battery mod needs to stay at 3.7v? Ive been eyeing at this 7.4v 6600mha battery I just pulled out of a portable dvd player, thinking wow..how long would that last! ofcourse it would take a case mod..but what else is labor day for?thoughts anyone?Sent from my generic using Tapatalk

· Registered
404 Posts
[quote name='tfields4800;50891]so any battery mod needs to stay at 3.7v? Ive been eyeing at this 7.4v 6600mha battery I just pulled out of a portable dvd player' date=' thinking wow..how long would that last! ofcourse it would take a case mod..but what else is labor day for?thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE'] I think about some sort of Airsoft batteries Plus power connector - outside PAD. If PAD will be in leather case it possible to attach this battery in small bag and deattach at any moment. Something like this Product 8.4v Elite 1500mah 2/3A Airsoft Odd Double Pack ELITE prodpage.asp()

· Premium Member
361 Posts
[quote name='tipstir;47208]What SetCPU.txt are you using to OC the CPU in the ROM you have posted? The battery in mine is fine I get over 3.5 hrs' date=' but I have tweaks in place and change out the two time outs. The feature in MySettings app is really helpful.[/QUOTE'] What tweaks have you made? I have MySettings installed but don't understand what the "time outs" are that you are mentioning.

· Registered
3 Posts
HidePerso;51033 said:
I think about some sort of Airsoft batteries Plus power connector - outside PAD. If PAD will be in leather case it possible to attach this battery in small bag and deattach at any moment. Something like this Product 8.4v Elite 1500mah 2/3A Airsoft Odd Double Pack ELITE prodpage.asp()
I would like to hear from anyone who has successfully tried an external battery. I get about 1.5 hours from my "flytouch" with wi fi and screen at about 3/4. I would expect the external battery should be between 7.4V and 9V max with as high a mah rating as you are willing to tote around. I suspect the variations people experience has to do with the quality of the batteries installed by the manufacturer, or there are different mah sizes in different production runs? I would like to experiment with a battery replacement, but not yet willing to rip apart an otherwise working pad.

· Registered
4 Posts
All right guys I have done some research on this and have come up with a very nice way to deal with the issue. I recommend a 9.6v battery pack with a 9.1 volt zener diode mounted forward between positive and negative. This will give 9.1 volts out with limited power loss. You can use the battery pack as is with a rc car charger for the batteries and simply a wire tap with a proper size connector plugged into the power port. I have attached one I found on Amazon I like but I have still gone with AA batteries because you can buy em on eBay for about 5 bucks. 8 of them will give you the 9.6 and again use an RC car charger to charge it. Amazon.com: Tenergy 9.6V NiMH 4200 mAh Crane Stock Battery Pack for Airsoft Gun and others: Sports & Outdoors

· Registered
4 Posts
Labovski;55990 said:
@jhdeval: How long does your battery pack with AA batteries last with the tablet?
I am waiting on my batteries to be delivered but I expect to get about 4-5 hours out of them. I currently get about 1-1.5 hours the AA's are about 3 times the amperage of the stock battery. Also because they are NiMH they have a different discharge curve I am hoping to see up to 6+ hours but thats probably wishful thinking.

· Registered
41 Posts
I'd like to see the results on this - if anyone has some to share. Seems like a good idea. The Epad/Flytouch battery definitely is not up to the task - you can practically watch it discharge while on wifi and I like to discharge it fully before charging it again. Just to keep the battery life as long as possible.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.