Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FolksI have purchased a 10.2 inch Android 2.1 tablet by name Flatpad. The sellers are in the US with service available in the US as well. It has a few interesting things to talk about - but, I will post a detailed review after getting hold of the product

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote name='krishmeena;17171]FolksI have purchased a 10.2 inch Android 2.1 tablet by name Flatpad. The sellers are in the US with service available in the US as well. It has a few interesting things to talk about - but' date=' I will post a detailed review after getting hold of the product[/QUOTE'] krishmeena, Are you ready to do a review?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why don't they shell out a few bucks extra for 512 RAM in their units? I see 256MB everywhere (in the "higher end", even less in the cheaper ones). Surely users must be willing to shell out a bit more for a unit that would actually be able to do more than one thing at a time without stalling, and not to mention fullfill the Android 3.0 requierments? 256 MB just dont seem like a very future proof product.That said, the flatpad specs sure do look like value for money. Too bad it's got the clone looks. To me that is a definite dealbreaker.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm not so sure. Most companies, even bigger names like Dell simply buy from Taiwanese ODMs anyways as far as desktop computers go for the most part, and it's even worse with notebooks where they're almost entirely specced by the ODM and the "brands" get a shiny name plate plus maybe some color & case type, e.g. aluminum v. plastic.So the flatpad guys have going for them, they're in the US, they're saving cost by re-branding an ODM piece of hardware and so can (hopefully) spend more time on the QA, OS & support. THe downside is that they're limited to whatever specs the ODM offers. (This is also VERY common with ereaders as only Amazon, B&N, and SONY AFAIK spec their own hw, and probably ONLY Sony actually mfg it "inhouse". The rest are just various re-branded Chinese ODM readers...)Another note is that they do offer a 1y warranty where with generic Chinese they're through with you as soon as your parcel's in the post for the most part, and the ODM is done with the device(unless someone's paying them further dev cost) as soon as it's finalized & shipping. The downside is will flatpad survive a year or more. I for one, hope so... as I'm now thinking of just jumping on their ship and skipping the toy models (PDN Novel or Rockchip tablet).

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Has anyone actually recieved a reply from Flatpad when emailing them?? have sent multiple emails over the last week to try and find out shipping costs to Aust, but alas no reply

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote name='mingnon;22533]Has anyone actually recieved a reply from Flatpad when emailing them?? have sent multiple emails over the last week to try and find out shipping costs to Aust' date=' but alas no reply[/QUOTE']On the main page try the "chat" feature, most of the time someone is online.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.