Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for about a month now while I shopped for an Android tablet. I think I may have made my decision, so I've signed up to run it by everyone here. I've been following all the updates about the ZT-180 Android 2.1, and one US company is telling me they finally have it sorted out. I found flatcomputing.com after I ran across their ebay listing. I asked some questions over ebay and then I went to the website and verified over live chat. I'll just paste the conversations here:From ebay on 7/17 - "Dear flatcomputingcom,Is this item in stock in the United States and ready to be shipped immediately?""Dear ________,We have our first lot in stock in the US but have not shipped outany due to an issue with Android v2.1 which we are working toresolve. We hope to have these issues cleaned up and startshipping product next week. This issue has been killing us sincewe have a large backorder and really want to get these out to ourcustomers. I just don't and won't ship these out until they areperfect with no bugs.- flatcomputingcom"From Flatcomputing.com on 7/19 - "(15:18:52) Jason: Welcome to Flat Computing,Adam, how can I help?(15:19:31) Adam: hello i asked a question on your ebay listing and was told that problems with android 2.1 has delayed shipping. What is the progress with these problems?(15:20:28) Jason: Great news! They have corrected the build and have shipped to our location yesterday. We will be shipping Thursday or Friday of this week!(15:21:20) Adam: So shipping from TX on Thursday? Will you be using UPS ground?(15:21:45) Jason: We will so we can provide you with a tracking number as soon as it leaves our door."It seems like they are an honest US source for an 10" Android tablet. I will know for sure in the next few weeks after I receive the tablet and test it out. I'll be sure to update here. The representative also told me that they are opening up a forum on their website in the next few days so I'll be looking for that. What do you guys think? Anyone else ordering a Flatpad? Here are the links:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140422951026http://www.flatcomputing.com/products-page/**Just so you guys know, I'm just a geeky early-adopter and I am in no way affiliated with flatcomputing.com. I just want to share the information that I've gathered so far so that people can stop being ripped off by Sketchy Chinese retailers.**

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is obviously not their picture (it was featured on engadet.com a while ago) - this is a picture of a guy in jeans sitting at a table playing with a prototype.. While it may have the zt-180 CPU system, it is still a no-name brand tablet and you should be ware. Unless a seller has his/their own pictures and or a youtube video or their so-called 2.1 iPed, I would be aware. Nobody on this forum has received a unit yet, but several people have ordered the Orphan Iped-M16... site looks like it was popped up over night btw, a big red flag or just horrible re-branding.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do agree that the chinese sellers are sketchy and by reading the horror stories of "bait and switch" apad stories, i would strongly recommend asking on a forum before spending several hundred bucks. Most of the time once you buy a no-name brand apad, there is no warranty, support or it could just be a scam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure this is still the same no-name device that everyone else is purchasing (well pre-ordering) from overseas. I'm definitely not placing my order until I've seen some other people receive theirs. I just wanted to drop this information here as yet another option, this one being in the US, to get a 10.2" Android 2.1 tablet with an A8 and 256mb of RAM. It seems to me like Flatcomputing is the first to report that the issues with 2.1 are sorted out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.