Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
[quote name='stephen0205;30349]em no flash inst a big deal for me' date=' youtube is switching to html 5, as long as they continue doing that im happy[/QUOTE'] There are other sites besides YouTube you know. I am sure someone will find a way. If worst comes to worst, use skyfire.

·
Registered
72 Posts
m0ngr31;30775 said:
So does this mean that the Telechip pads won't be able to run flash either?
The information you have shown simply states that version 10.1 requires those specs. So it's not to say that 10.x 11.x and so on might not work with any other number of DSPs. Anyway it says General....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello There,First time poster but have been following the M16 pretty keenly. Whilst it's now out of my price range (due to having just brought a car) i'm hoping after xmas it will be back within my sights, and hopefully much improved.One observation with people talking about Flash, I realise until they upgrade the OS to include the marketplace this isnt particularly helpful, but once this is back in place could you not simply use the Skyfire browser, which, to my knowledge, allows you to stream flash without having flash supported on your mobile OS?Kind RegardsKris

·
Registered
217 Posts
As you probably know flash is not only for streming videos. There are a lot of pages with interactive flash animations, and other pages that are completely build on flash. So, i dont particulary like flash (hopefully it will die soon with html5), but nowadays at least 40% of the web (I'm guessing) is not "browsable" without a compatible flash browser, like it or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
JamesDroid;30781 said:
The information you have shown simply states that version 10.1 requires those specs. So it's not to say that 10.x 11.x and so on might not work with any other number of DSPs. Anyway it says General....
That's how I see it, "General" used in this context doesn't mean that you have to have that exact HW. It may run on some other systems, but performance may not be ideal in all situations. We'll have to wait and see what works...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,I too am a NooB. I just purchased a Zenithink ZT-180 from this guy on eBay yesterday:USPS-Express Zenithink ePad Android OS 2.1 ZT-180 2GB - eBay (item 260645233976 end time Sep-02-10 07:16:27 PDT)I have spent the last two days solid reading thread after thread after thread. I guess the question that I have is that if this really is the ARM11 processor as I am now believing it to be, then am I correct in my comprehension that there is no Adobe Flash support, and consequently no YouTube at all? Or can I just use SkyFire, and call it good?Thanks much,-Laurence

·
Registered
25 Posts
LaurenceS;33066]Hi said:
USPS-Express Zenithink ePad Android OS 2.1 ZT-180 2GB - eBay (item 260645233976 end time Sep-02-10 07:16:27 PDT)[/url]I have spent the last two days solid reading thread after thread after thread. I guess the question that I have is that if this really is the ARM11 processor as I am now believing it to be, then am I correct in my comprehension that there is no Adobe Flash support, and consequently no YouTube at all? Or can I just use SkyFire, and call it good?Thanks much,-Laurence
Youtube does work, you just need the youtube app. It works on my Orphan M16, identical to what your buying. But if you have been reading the posts, you should know that.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
[quote name='cpg716;46737]One thing is people have gotten Flash to run on older Android devices' date=' that don't meet those specifications listed on Adobe's page.[/QUOTE'] Where is this, which devices?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.