Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have Vi30 dual core with the following problem:

I tried signing in with the google account (Google Play) but it fails
I opened the browser and navigated to gmail.com and it redirects to to mail.google.com/mail and stops their and says webpage not available.
Browsing any site is fine (CNN, Yahoo, etc ..)

I tried this on v1.2 and 1.5 and 1.5.5

Any ideas ?
---------------
FIX

I used ES Explorer and deleted /etc/hosts file which contained tens of lines of servers' IP addresses and created a new one with only 127.0.0.1 localhost

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you! I was "locked out" of my account for over a week! I have the Onda vi30w dual-core.
I suspect their (spy?) servers crashed, which stopped re-routing traffic meant for google, and facebook, etc.
This is not good, what are they up to ?
I changed my password....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I was "locked out" of my account for over a week! I have the Onda vi30w dual-core.
I suspect their (spy?) servers crashed, which stopped re-routing traffic meant for google, and facebook, etc.
This is not good, what are they up to ?
I changed my password....
did this help you ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I managed to get it to work by deleting the 'hosts' file inside the root\ect folder.

Do a backup first before deleting it though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to get it to work by deleting the 'hosts' file inside the root\ect folder.

Do a backup first before deleting it though.
I already put that fix in details in the same day of the post and this is why I changed the subject to [fixed]
No need to backup as this file is useless except for that one line I mentioned in OP

·
Registered
7 Posts
I already put that fix in details in the same day of the post and this is why I changed the subject to [fixed]
No need to backup as this file is useless except for that one line I mentioned in OP
Hi Bonda2,
I'm following your posts because I have the same problems with my ONDA vi30w namely can't add my google account on my tablet, PLAY STORE not opening,can't load secured google websites.
Today, I finally been able to add "ES EXPLORER" to my tablet.
Would you be kind enough to walk me through the process of erasing the HOSTS file as I don't see the HOSTS file in the following files.

Here's the files I can see on the first page of the ES app:

android data DCIM documents download external sd card fetion connect
goa market jindong kingsoft office wo music netease picture QQ reader
tencent titanium backup demo.mp4

Any other tricks to help me to eliminate my problems would be welcome.

Thank You kindly,
Marc

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Bonda2,
I'm following your posts because I have the same problems with my ONDA vi30w namely can't add my google account on my tablet, PLAY STORE not opening,can't load secured google websites.
Would you be kind enough to walk me through the process of erasing the HOSTS file as I don't see the HOSTS file in the following files.
You will have to go up (or down?) the file tree all the way to the root, that is: "/", from there to /etc which contains the hosts file, a text file with a bunch of ip addresses in it.
Some setting in ES may prevent you from reaching it by default: modify that. You may have to switch partition, though all of them are grafted onto the same tree at some point (Linux file system), often /mnt/extsdcard, or some sort.
Android has a terminal emulator app that gives you access to that good old command line: get curious about it.

Meanwhile, I pretty much killed my tablet. It simply won't believe the battery is charged up. Even when plugged it with both chargers! No boot, no recovery. Sigh.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Bonda2,

Here's the files I can see on the first page of the ES app:

android data DCIM documents download external sd card fetion connect
goa market jindong kingsoft office wo music netease picture QQ reader
tencent titanium backup demo.mp4

Any other tricks to help me to eliminate my problems would be welcome.

Thank You kindly,
Marc
You need to go ES settings and enable 2 options (mount as root and read/write). on the top toolbar, click on the favirotes and choose the phone icon and it will take you to the top of the file system and from there navigate to etc and open the hosts file

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't delete, copy, move the "hosts" file. It is a protected file. How can I render the file deletable, or movable?

How to get to ES settings?

Any advice is most welcome as I can not get access to google play and other google sites.

Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't delete, copy, move the "hosts" file. It is a protected file. How can I render the file deletable, or movable?

How to get to ES settings?

Any advice is most welcome as I can not get access to google play and other google sites.

Thanks
depending on your tablet, tap the menu and you will find settings( the 3 vertical dots in the status bar). come on man try things out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well i did get to the settings, Root Settings, but the "Mount File System" is greyed and can not be changed. I cannot delete the "hosts" file

·
Registered
471 Posts
You will have to go up (or down?) the file tree all the way to the root, that is: "/", from there to /etc which contains the hosts file, a text file with a bunch of ip addresses in it.
Some setting in ES may prevent you from reaching it by default: modify that. You may have to switch partition, though all of them are grafted onto the same tree at some point (Linux file system), often /mnt/extsdcard, or some sort.
Android has a terminal emulator app that gives you access to that good old command line: get curious about it.

Meanwhile, I pretty much killed my tablet. It simply won't believe the battery is charged up. Even when plugged it with both chargers! No boot, no recovery. Sigh.
You can try the fix mentioned in the vi40 thread about battery drain/stuck at 100%

Sent from my Epic Touch using tapatalk 2

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i did get to the settings, Root Settings, but the "Mount File System" is greyed and can not be changed. I cannot delete the "hosts" file
It will be greyed if you haven't enabled root, what is your tablet and what is the firmware version ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts