Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Latest U20GT Firmware ( 1.3 : U20GT_v1.03_20120911.rar) has a known bug:
Youtube refuses to play/show anything and Google play does not display any pictures.

This guide resolves both issues.

METHOD I - Using the Tablet

1) [link] root you tablet

2) instal a root filemanager (Es File Explorer)

3) Settings [Root Settings]:
Code:
-> Enable "Root Explorer" and answer with YES the next question<br />
-> Grant Superuser rights when asked<br />
-> Enable "Up to Root"<br />
-> Enable "Mount File System"
4) Now open /etc/hosts as text file and delete everything except the first line:
Code:
127.0.0.1		localhost
5) Reboot

METHOD II - connected to the PC (adb)

1) [link] Install adb Drivers

2) Open a command prompt and write the folowing commands:

3) "adb devices" # and make sure your tablet shows up and that it is the only one connected

4)
Code:
adb remount<br />
adb shell "echo \"127.0.0.1     localhost\n\" > /etc/hosts"
5)
Code:
adb reboot
After you have completed one of the two methods above and the tablet boots-up :
clear data and cache of "Google Play Store" and "Google Services Framework" and reboot once more
(Settings -> Apps -> ALL)

That's it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Latest U20GT Firmware ( 1.3 : U20GT_v1.03_20120911.rar) has a known bug:
Youtube refuses to play/show anything and Google play does not display any pictures.

This guide resolves both issues. <snip>
Hi Lupu, I bought one of these tablets 2 weeks ago now with this problem. Ive been trying to follow your instructions for 3 days now with no luck. LoL. You'll have to excuse me because i am a newbie at this. I dont know if the tablet is rooted or not (dont think it is) so i tried method 2 that you describe. I got to Step 4 where my Device Manager displays "Android Composite ADB Interface" under "Android Phone". Step 5 is create a ".android" folder in my home directory. What is the path to my home directory ? Or how do i find out ? Sorry for my stupidity. This is a great tablet, just need to get it to work properly.
/ Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Lupu, I bought one of these tablets 2 weeks ago now with this problem. Ive been trying to follow your instructions for 3 days now with no luck. LoL. You'll have to excuse me because i am a newbie at this. I dont know if the tablet is rooted or not (dont think it is) so i tried method 2 that you describe. I got to Step 4 where my Device Manager displays "Android Composite ADB Interface" under "Android Phone". Step 5 is create a ".android" folder in my home directory. What is the path to my home directory ? Or how do i find out ? Sorry for my stupidity. This is a great tablet, just need to get it to work properly.
/ Regards
Ignore my comment above. Worked out method 1. My tablet wasnt rooted properly so I used Superoneclick version 2.3.3 modded by Verdeler to Root and it worked first time. Then followed method 1 above. Worked perfect, your a legend, thanks Lupu.
)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have tried doing this and had issues with drivers and now it seems the tablet won't turn back on. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, i´m a newbie in this assets. I bought A chinese tablet and works fine but the problem commented. Ok I need the adb u20gt driver to fix the bug .
Thank you for this information. It´s easy to follow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , I am so so grateful for the help in sorting out this issue with my u20gt.

Worked a treat although scratched my head a little in trying to understand just how to put all the bits into place. Though in the end a very on point and very straight forward response once I understood the whole picture. I went with method two and am now oh so incredibly relieved with the fantastic result.

Recommended as first rate help on this topic!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts