Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
This is not all that great, but I figured I'd toss it up. Given the crashes on home launchers, I took a look into the Orientation Handler from the PDN firmware. It turns out that PDN is setting orientation correctly, but something else is unhappy. So, for the moment, here is a framework with the extra 2 rotations disabled, so you won't get errors on the home screen. I'd like to fix rotation so it works correctly(probably by backporting HaTaX's work from 2.1), but I figure for the moment this is better than nothing. These are from 8/20, though they may work with others. If you're using the non-ugly market hack, be sure to install the one w/ rotation fix + market hack, otherwise you will lose the market hack.Framework with rotation fix only:framework.jarFramework with rotation fix + non-ugly market hack:framework.jarAfter installing:adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*framework.jar*adb reboot

·
Registered
548 Posts
Awesome Thanks, one of my biggest annoyances at the moment. Will test shortly

·
Registered
80 Posts
This didn't work with 8/6 (for me) and there isn't a 8/20 update for the notification bar fix... does this mean that I can't have both right now? Am i just not seeing the update? Thanks.Nevermind.... I just Clockworx response above... must have been posting at the same time. I will try the 8/6 Notification Bar fix on 8/20.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I've never seen any issues with the 8/6 NB on the 8/20 firmware mods.As for this .jar file, it works great! Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This has nothing to do with the notification bar. The only reason I mentioned the market fix is that they are in the same file, so I had to make two versions due to that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;52273]Well' date=' this is old news already. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/IMG] I got HaTaX's 2.1 changes working on PDN's 2.0. Full 270 rotation, at least on the stock home, should probably work on others.New thread soon.[/QUOTE']It was very funny -- "full 270 rotation". It might mean, you hit 271 degrees or more, and your PDN is FC'ing busted again, lol.Just kidding. Android system designers borked something in their orientation code, and now they call it "a feature by design".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts