Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
NOTE: DO NOT USE WITH CRUZ READER FIRMWARES
Based on HaTaX's excellent work on the 2.1 alphia, this is a drop-in replacement that fixes whatever PD broke that was causing those force close errors when rotating. I only tested it with stock Home, but it should hopefully work with other launchers.

If you don't want 270 rotation, but want to remove the annoying errors, take a look here:http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigita...-error-does-not-add-additional-rotations.html

Anyways, here are the files. If you're using the Non-ugly Market Fix, be sure to download the one that includes that as well (this is necessary since the 2 seperate fixes are part of the same file.)These are based on 8/20.270 Rotate only framework.jar 270 Rotate + Market Fix framework.jar

·
Registered
50 Posts
So, just to confirm, I should do the following to install (from the folder where I have the adb and the framework files):adb push framework.jar /data/dalvik-cache/Then, after installing:adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*framework.jar*adb rebootThanks.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
err...yes, that's what I meant. I've been starting at code for too long, it goes from 0-270, though I suppose depending on how you look at it, 360 is the same as 0.Glad to hear it's working well. That's what is important

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='KodiakEd;52307]So' date=' just to confirm, I should do the following to install (from the folder where I have the adb and the framework files):adb push framework.jar /data/dalvik-cache/Then, after [URL=installing:adb]installing:adb[/URL] shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*framework.jar*adb rebootThanks.[/QUOTE'] You have the "cleanup" parts correct, but the beginning is a bit off. The full sequence is:adb remountadb push framework.jar /system/framework/adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*framework.jar*adb reboot

·
Registered
666 Posts
can you build a 7_24 version? or point a guy to the right lines of code to correct? I currently do not get any errors but I only get portrait with pandigital at top and power con up landscape. Oddly enough the home selector screen will display in any position but the home screen (panda195) will not. Does this work system wide or just a fix for the home screens?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nchntrman;52331 said:
can you build a 7_24 version? or point a guy to the right lines of code to correct? I currently do not get any errors but I only get portrait with pandigital at top and power con up landscape. Oddly enough the home selector screen will display in any position but the home screen (panda195) will not. Does this work system wide or just a fix for the home screens?
Decompile both HaTaX's and the 7/24 framework.jar. Copy "androidviewWindowOrientationListener$SensorEventListenerImpl.smali" from HaTaX's to the 7/24 one, and recompile the 7/24 one.It's worked in other screens for me (Settings), but I haven't tested it extensively enough to say it works everywhere. I would assume it would, though. Maybe someone here can chime in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;52309]You have the "cleanup" parts correct' date=' but the beginning is a bit off. The full sequence [URL=is:adb]is:adb[/URL] remountadb push framework.jar /system/framework/adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*framework.jar*adb reboot[/QUOTE'] Thank you very much. It worked great!

·
Registered
338 Posts
sigh... I'm on 8-06. No, I don't ask for special framework.jar, I might just wait till 2.1.Thank you, clockworx. Sheer, undiluted genius, as always, in any orientation of 270 and beyond.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This should work on 8/6 as well, if anyone feels like testing. The only thing different between the two in framework.jar is that they tweaked the appearance of the Zoom Controls, and I doubt anyone has even noticed yet (at least, I haven't seen any comments.) If it works, well, you get your zoom controls updated as a bonus as well.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Serious question. Can I do this wholly within the PDN using an Android Terminal emulator - there are several in the Market. I can't think the emulators you use on the device itself would be any use unless you could use them for this purpose (or to reconfigure a FW flash). I'd assume you'd put ADB in a working folder on the SD along with the terminal emulator and any files you'd want to push/pull - ie framework.jar.Yeah, I'm feeling frisky. Haven't crashed this thing in a couple of weeks and it's starting to crack, so it's either time for another exchange at BB&B for one with no cosmetic defects and a pretty little gel case while I'm there, or it does what I damn well want it to do ;-)(I'm using Roebeet's 8/27 mod which I believe included the non-ugly hack, so I'm assuming the second file, the one w/market, is the one to try.)Any words of wisdom/caution before I brick this thing - other than make sure I back everything up?

·
Registered
83 Posts
[quote name='Mark Adams;52376]Serious question. Can I do this wholly within the PDN using an Android Terminal emulator - there are several in the Market. I can't think the emulators you use on the device itself would be any use unless you could use them for this purpose (or to reconfigure a FW flash). I'd assume you'd put ADB in a working folder on the SD along with the terminal emulator and any files you'd want to push/pull - ie framework.jar.Yeah' date=' I'm feeling frisky. Haven't crashed this thing in a couple of weeks and it's starting to crack, so it's either time for another exchange at BB&B for one with no cosmetic defects and a pretty little gel case while I'm there, or it does what I damn well want it to do ;-)(I'm using Roebeet's 8/27 mod which I believe included the non-ugly hack, so I'm assuming the second file, the one w/market, is the one to try.)Any words of wisdom/caution before I brick this thing - other than make sure I back everything up?[/QUOTE'] I Am using the same mod and used the same .jar and its working perfectly, very easy.

·
Registered
338 Posts
[quote name='hello-world;52433]This works great with 8-06 FW. Thanks!One small reminder: you (at least I) need to reapply the DVM hack -- my linpack scores dropped from 7.7-7.9 drop to 3.6-4 !![/QUOTE]Is it so? Did your 7.7-7.9 return after DVM hack?Anyway' date=' orientation '270' by clockworx worx -- sort of. My Launcher Pro stays black in the 'wrong' orientation though, but after some delay reports not just about FC, but also of possibility to choose 'WAIT'. Wait I did. YouTube, Stream Video still start in the 'wrong' orientation, and I suspect we need simply turn our screens 180 degrees in PDN cases.But it's all minor nuances. Mr. clockworx, can we expect more 'drop-in' jewels from you in the nearest possible future? Namely:1. I understand many WiFi flakiness issues might have been resolved in 2.1 alpha already, can we use something at our 2.1 level2. Then naturally, 2D driver/kernel module/overlay -- out of Tomasz repo gles6410 - Project Hosting on Google Code -- as long as parts of it ready.Thank you again, sorry for OT.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.