Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Now everyone can stop the constant whining and complaining ;)You should all know the drill by now but...adb remountadb shell mv /system/framework/services.jar /system/framework/services.jar.pdnadb push services.jar /system/framework/adb shell rm -r /data/dalv*adb shell rebootIf you hate this and think I broke your novel:adb remountadb shell mv /system/framework/services.jar.pdn /system/framework/services.jaradb shell rm -r /data/dalv*adb shell rebootFor 8/6:services.jarFor 7/24:services.jar

·
Registered
666 Posts
does dalkv* need to be removed? How different is this than the OEM (FW_7_24) services.jar?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That command line is just to rebuild the dalvik cache, since we changed java code. You can try without it, but it's safer to just delete and let it rebuild.If you want to be technical, it is 1 byte different. Disabled set to 0 instead of 1 !

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Well, I just added it because this is one of those annoyances that I would love to see fixed in our current 2.0 hacked setup. So far this works for me, with the only side effect being that the system seems to be a little choppy after the initial bootup (maybe for 4 or 5 seconds). I'm reasonably sure it wasn't like that pre-change, but even so I can live with it to get the NB working right away. Great job!!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's most likely due to the dalvik-cache being rebuilt. Let it settle for a bit and it should go away.I don't really like clearing it either, everyone, but I'd rather do that than have mysterious cache issues from people about force closes and not working, etc.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote name='geebekazoo;37382]clockworx' date='I think that you had better change this line : adb shell rm -r /data/dalkv*to this line: adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik*[/QUOTE'] Arrrmm....yes. I should leave the instructions to someone else.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
No issues on my end. Assuming others (outside of oneglory...sorry!) agree, I might add this to my 8/6 firmware mod and re-upload. This is a major fix, AFAIC.

·
Registered
142 Posts
[quote name='roebeet;37405]No issues on my end. Assuming others (outside of oneglory...sorry!) agree' date=' I might add this to my 8/6 firmware mod and re-upload. This is a major fix, AFAIC.[/QUOTE'] haha. smartass. haha

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.