Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I purchased a Firstview PC707R tablet from merimobiles and they referred me here.I installed a you tube apk from a google enabled device and it started to playwith no video. then it crashed so i rebooted the tablet and now it is stuck ina reboot loop. it loads to the unlock screen then hangs for 30 seconds and reboots.Do i need to flash the device to get it back?and what firmware should i use?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I took the plung and flashed the latest Eken M001 firmware to My Firstview 7" tableand everything went smoothly until I rebooted it it came up just fine and I pressed the menu buttonand it went to desktop. Unfortunatly the touch screen doesnt work and either does the wireless.This tablet has a usb host on it so I hooked up a mouse and the system itself seems to work just fine.So if anyone could help me out here i sure would appreciate it. I do have another one of these so if there isa way to clone the other one and flash it to this one that would work too until the wonderful people on this forumcould come up with some ideas for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I also flashed the most current Slatedroid firmware for Eken m001 to my unit.Same results everything ok except touch screen and wireless.I noticed an application in the download area to back up your tablet, is this what I need to copy the firmware off of my working tablet?

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Firstview and the eken are 2 different devices contact meri and see if the can provide you with the original firmware

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its too bad I couldnt just load the drivers for my touch screen and wireless because the Slatedroid firmware is way better than my stockfirmware.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know if slatedroid will be making a firmware for the firstview?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.