Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, first time around here. Have been at XDA for a long time, but they don't develop for 'strange' tablets.
I'll be getting a Dropad A8T in a few days, the one with 3g and gps. Can it be flashed with any ROM found here in the Herotab C8 thread?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
I followed everything on the guide. In the upgrade screen, it said image not found so i pressed the menu button to continue. It ran for awhile but after about half a minute, the tablet shutdown. When i started it again, it was still on the old 2.2 stock firmware

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im running on 2.2 stock

I always get "can not find any update image" I tried everything and nothing works, I hope you can guide me, I'm such a newbie that it hurts, things I tried:

Mini SDcard formated @ FAT32, downloaded C8lean and I used UnRAR to put the files in the SD card "On root", turn the C8 off completly, turn the unit on with the SD in the slot holding the POWER + MENU and get the "Upgrade systems activated" from there the Herotab logo and then the "can not find any update image" Press MENU/KEY_VOLUMEUP key to init SD card, Press BACK/KEY_VOLUMEDOWN key to cancel.

Is there a different upgrade path?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post on Slatedroid, since I just bought a Herotab C8 and it comes with(I think original stock)2.2 Froyo.

I have pretty good Android experience, I have had 3 Android phones in the past, from low to high-end. I still have and use an LG Optimus One.
I am used to rooting, installing custom recovery and customizing a rooted Android phone.

I got the tablet mainly for at-home use, I am interested in trying some so-called "HD" Market games, like, say, GTA3 or Asphalt 6, 7, but not only. I would like to also use the tablet as an e-book reader, some in-bed web browsing and maybe watch a 720p movie(this more rarely).

As a first question to you guys, what rom would you recommend for stability, snappiness,and I would also prefer to have all functions available, to use the camera a little bit, maybe a 3G dongle?

Thanks!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.