Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you so much for this explanation, JH5279. I will be receiving my Hero C8 tomorrow, and this is the very first thing I plan to do (after fully charging the battery).

Your explanation is so clear that I feel confident even I can do it! Thanks again!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thank you so much for this explanation, JH5279. I will be receiving my Hero C8 tomorrow, and this is the very first thing I plan to do (after fully charging the battery).
Your explanation is so clear that I feel confident even I can do it! Thanks again!
Anytime, just make sure you flash from the external. Having a full charge is a good recommendation but it really isn't necessary if you have it plugged in.
Sent from my rotary dial phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you did not use the 1.2ghz firmware, use that.

Genesis 2.7.1

1.2ghz - http://www.multiupload.com/LW9TK54KSA
Your posts about this completely bailed me out.

I was getting ready to pry open the case of my Herotab C8 and pull the internal microSD. The factory firmware was unstable and I was starting to wonder if there was a HW problem.

I haven't made enough posts to get approved for the download sections, but the download link you provided to the Genesis firmware did the trick. It is basically like the top of the 'first time flashing you tablet' page said - we might as well just flash the tablet right out of the box.

The only curious thing I noticed is that the MAC address changed after the update.

Where do we go to donate to the Devs?

Thank you for your help - and improving my weekend!

Brian

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Your posts about this completely bailed me out.

I was getting ready to pry open the case of my Herotab C8 and pull the internal microSD. The factory firmware was unstable and I was starting to wonder if there was a HW problem.

I haven't made enough posts to get approved for the download sections, but the download link you provided to the Genesis firmware did the trick. It is basically like the top of the 'first time flashing you tablet' page said - we might as well just flash the tablet right out of the box.

The only curious thing I noticed is that the MAC address changed after the update.

Where do we go to donate to the Devs?

Thank you for your help - and improving my weekend!

Brian
New footprint, new mac addy. Due to my slight addiction to flashing i've had as many as 9 different mac addressing showing on my router before restart.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nightwing. 1st thing is relax and take 10 deep breaths.

Now toggle the on off switch on the side 2 times[just to make sure].
then plug the mini usb cable to the herotab and the usb to your computer.[i believe its the otg port on the hero]
then pres the power button on the tab.

If the pc can see the tab, then it still lives. I too as a newbie[and i still am] "bricked my tab". but using patience and the ability to follow the simple directions given by prox32 on 8-31-11, you WILL prevail. Start from scratch again, you can do it.

And, there is no reason to touch the internal card. once the upgrade system is activated properly, it will be erased automaticaly.
Try using the firmware your machine came with as a base, or use the 1.2ghz versions of the cfws. most of the newer tabs need them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dear thaigir99, thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I took ten deep breaths.

I toggled the switch, and plugged it into the pc via usb otg. I pressed the power button on the tab. It did NOT
see the tablet... i have tried this guide and the how to revive your guide for four days now. can my tab still be saved? :/
Nightwing. 1st thing is relax and take 10 deep breaths.

Now toggle the on off switch on the side 2 times[just to make sure].
then plug the mini usb cable to the herotab and the usb to your computer.[i believe its the otg port on the hero]
then pres the power button on the tab.

If the pc can see the tab, then it still lives. I too as a newbie[and i still am] "bricked my tab". but using patience and the ability to follow the simple directions given by prox32 on 8-31-11, you WILL prevail. Start from scratch again, you can do it.

And, there is no reason to touch the internal card. once the upgrade system is activated properly, it will be erased automaticaly.
Try using the firmware your machine came with as a base, or use the 1.2ghz versions of the cfws. most of the newer tabs need them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New footprint, new mac addy. Due to my slight addiction to flashing i've had as many as 9 different mac addressing showing on my router before restart.
Could you do a step by step on downloading a new ROM I went to prox32's collection but when I click on the link and choose download (on the page the link sent me to) all that was downloaded to my computer is a download manager. I am not very good at this sort of thing and I need help bad please simplify as much as possible

thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
2 Posts
You all seem very helpful so I'm hoping you can help me figure out what I've done wrong.

I just got a new HeroTab C8 from Amazon and decided to try and update to Genesis 2.7.4 1.2ghz since the pre-installed OS was crashing apps left and right. I downloaded it, extracted it to the external SD card, and did the "menu+power" boot to upgrade the device. Everything worked as your instructions here said, but the touchscreen now doesn't work, and the screen does not auto-rotate like it used to. I attached a mouse and can at least get it functional, but I can't figure out how to enable the touchscreen. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for a great forum and community, if I can get this thing working I think this will be a place I might spend far too much time in...

EDIT: Realized I had a 1.0ghz tablet so I switched to that ROM. (Genesis_2.7.4_1ghz.zip) I'm still having the same issues , though.
It's the Samsung S5PV210 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W0HFJI) if that detail helps.

EDIT 2: After poking around a little more on the forums I decided to try Evolution 4.0 1ghz to see if that made any difference and I still get no tactile response. I'm guessing there might be a setting somewhere that I'm just not finding and hope one of you can point me to it.

EDIT 3: Never mind, it has been returned to Amazon as a poorly-made decision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, first time andriod user.
I recently purchased a tablet: 8GB Cambridge Sciences G7-II 7inch Android 2.3 Tablet

Could anyone suggest where I can download a ROM that would upgrade me to Android 3 for the UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this has been answered before but can someone help me? I like to think of myself as Techno savvy but after trying to read and understand these posts, alas I am not lol. I just purchased a C8 for my daughter for Xmas. I read reviews talking about flashing, rooting, etc and thought to myself "well that sounds easy enough." Now I am having second thoughts. Haha. Where does one go to find these "roots" and "flashing" things? So I have the tablet hooked up to my computer and its charged and I have a card for it. Now what? Where do I go? Besides taking it to a tech for them to do it for me? I would like to learn to do it myself. Scared though that I am going to end up with a $200 desk ornament. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
wannabtechnogeek

Basically you download one of the roms, i recomend Genesis 2.8.0, but any other of the good ones will do.
Unzip the zip file and throw everything (all the files and folders) in the root of the external SDCard.
After this you just power on your Tablet while pressing Menu + Power at the same time. The upgrade will begin and after it is finished, your tablet will shutdown. Then you just turn on again, normally and the tablet will be updated, rooted, flashed, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys respect your great works; I just installed a CFW today and it rocks!

I wonder how you do these things; do you have the official git-copy of android built on your PC's? Or these works has nothing to do with the SDK stuff?

If u clearify thngs I want to join the party and help.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Well, since drinking and smoking is dumb and millions of people do it anyway it kind of is not a stupid question.
But yes most custom ROMs will increase your batterylife, increase the Market compatibiity and make the C8 more stable,
in most cases.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Generally means you have installed a 1ghz version on a newer tablet which only accepts 1.2ghz speed,reflash with genesis performance and see if the problem persists.
Worked for me - Genesis 2.7 is awesome! For some reason when Itried the Genesis 3 update (in 1.2 and 1 Gig modes, neither worked. 2.7 did though - THANKS!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the guide! I'm going to be receiving my new dropad next week. I purchased the Agasio dropad a8 from Amazon. Should I assume that all Roms will work with this tablet? It's advertised to be 1.0 GHz. Just want to make sure I don't brick the thing.

I'm very familiar with flashing Roms, just hoping the firmware is compatible.

·
Registered
104 Posts
In addition to my last post, when I receive my dropad a8, what steps should I take to ensure that it is indeed compatible with the custom roms posted here?

I'm reading so many "I bricked my dropad" posts that I'm heavily considering not flashing any roms.

I also see that there are a lot of imitation dropads being sold. How do I know that mine is the real deal and compatible with the custom roms posted here are slatedroid?

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.