Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My iRobot just arrived from Hong Kong (eBay) this morning and I have to say I am really impressed with it. Having had no previous Android experience (being a Windows Mobile stalwart) the OS is particularly impressive even for 1.5 and the hardware is no letdown either. I had been expecting a black/silver or black/white model but mine is actually all black and none the worse looking for it.Everything works, no problem connecting to WiFi and the internet and was able to apply the 0530 update immediately with no problems.I was deeply scepticle of the iPad form factor when it was first announced and would not touch anything with an apple logo on it but this little beauty has already won me over to the pad/slate format and I am already looking forward to the 10" aPad.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Nice I am glad you love your new Slatedroid and welcome to the forum.We are in the beginning stages as a flood of believe it or not , cheaper faster bigger slates are just around the corner. I myself have 2 and I am always eye-balling a third

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote author=tonyblack link=topic=647.msg5255#msg5255 date=1275733409]My iRobot just arrived from Hong Kong (eBay) this morning and I have to say I am really impressed with it. Having had no previous Android experience (being a Windows Mobile stalwart) the OS is particularly impressive even for 1.5 and the hardware is no letdown either. I had been expecting a black/silver or black/white model but mine is actually all black and none the worse looking for it.Everything works, no problem connecting to WiFi and the internet and was able to apply the 0530 update immediately with no problems.I was deeply scepticle of the iPad form factor when it was first announced and would not touch anything with an apple logo on it but this little beauty has already won me over to the pad/slate format and I am already looking forward to the 10" aPad.[/quote]Thanks for sharing that with us. Very nice to hear you're happy. I intend to take the plunge this weekend and order mine. Just got to decide where from. I'm leaning towards merimobiles for now

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
[quote author=Mp4doggie link=topic=647.msg5257#msg5257 date=1275733942]I myself have 2 and I am always eye-balling a third [/quote]Me too! ;D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay so I have had my Apad since yesterday (06/21/10) I did the 530 upgrade from hiapad.com and so far so good. I'm hoping to use one of the new updates but just don't know which to start with. Hopefully Will or Hellermong will team up an release something spectaculr.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have recived mine two days ago and it is very good. I have not expected it to be working so good, performance is not ideal, but for this price I had doubts it would work at all

·
Registered
22 Posts
New member here got mine yesterday (22nd) at noon in the uk. Was too worried to open it for the first hour incase it was fake! Fortunately for me itz the proper version, read so many bad stories and I know how hard it is to get international refunds. The Archos custom 3.5 works a treat so far really really happy with it. I flashed it about 4 hours after I opened it (whole time virtually spent on charge, apart from turning on), I'm a serial flasher of various devices and did not want my first experience to b jaded by Chinese symbols and lacklustre features on what was sure to be a weak device anyway?As yet not tried any media on it, slightly aprehensive to say the least from what I've read, as this feature really makes or breaks it for me. But at the cost of a REASONABLE smartphone or pocket pc, I can't complain at all and I think people calling it point blank crap is abit strong personally lol. All this thing needs is support I think, if we get a 2x rom I will b happy til Christmas at least. CRAZYPRICES care of Amazon.co.uk ?146.98 with express delivery (1-2 days) iRobot rk2808... Pukka!iPad screen protectors ?1.99 (for cutting down!) and Android Tablet Stand 8.75USD eBay.com (for mod if required)...ON ORDER!Thanks all. From my iPhone

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have been playing with mine for 3 days, and today I just found out that the internal mic doesn't work. Although I'm not sure if it ever did, today I was showing off my device and started seeing green on the bottom and right side of the camera/video camera window. A reboot removed it and I will let everyone know if it happens again. So far I'm using the device as a radio in my office. It's funny to see people come in and they immediatly think its the IPad, LOL.I haven't purchased any accessories, I may make a couple of my own. Just need an extra 2 hours in my day . . . think anyone can mod time for a 26 hr day instead of a 24?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My iRobot is comparible to my iPhone 3g in terms of looks and responsiveness, try FreeMemory (?0.99) works brilliantly, whereas MemoryBooster did nothing for me. I've found apps to be abit hit and miss many require "Rooted" device not sure what this means. Anyone? Some work but force portrait mode, but its great trying things!I also tried some vids on it, very very happy I must say (Not sure what people hav been complaining about really?). Using MvideoPlayer some will play fullscreen without any converting! I am currently encoding some things, using tweaked 800x448 settings described elsewhere and MagicVideoConverter.I would like to start a video section here if anyone is interested? I care little if the results are "HD" or not, great quality and good sound is all i need and so far so good.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Glad to hear another happy owner bragging about their device. I feel if you realize there are some limitations of the device then you will be fine. Personally I love my Eken m001

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi again, I ditched the idea of modding a stand for the iRobot going for an Archos7 wallet style case with built iin stand. Had to remove almost a 10mm strip down the left hand side of screen buts thats all (Archos7 screen must not be as wide as iRobot?!). Anyway here are the results, I'm very happy with it cost me ?16.50 like but it fits like it was made for it and now it don't need holding or constant propping up! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts