Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After calling several KMarts in Northern Ohio without any luck (I did get 2 rainchecks though), I finally found one in Brunswick, Ohio. The kid on the phone said they had 10 and had only sold 1 this week. I went and bought 1 and the kid I talked to in the store said they had another lef (seems they may have also counted the eBook readers & netbook in the amount but couldn't be sure because they were stored hidden under the counter). After I opened the box, I found the power adapter & transfer cable but I found another cable with a mini USB on one end and female USB connector on the other. Not sure what this one is for! I did not get a manual so I am running total blind on how to use this thing. The fit & finish of this thing is what you would expect from a $150 tablet. The ports didn't line up well on the side and thwy were bending and reshaping the plastic. I ended up having to disassemble this thing because when I went to install a micro sd card, it fell inside (yes there is a warning about this but since the ports didn't line up to begin with, I wasn't sure if I was inserting the card right. 4 screws takes it apart and since I didn't want to have to do this again, I used a flat micro file and modified the card slot & power adapter hole. Now I can insert cards without almost breaking them . This tablet does work though (not as well as my Pandigital Novel) but I still can't figure out how you are supposed to organize your files on the micro sd card so that the apps see them. Anyone want to explain how to do thator point me in the direction of an Android for Dummies website? I can get a few programsw to work but many don't (as many already have stated). This is not a several hundred dollar iPad but I does work for what it costs. For now I will keep it and learn. Hopefully Augen with update the firmware like Pandigital did and make this thing more useable.

· Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Maybe we need to start a Android 101 section of the wiki? I did not find the notification pull down until a friend that has a android phone showed it to me.Augen has area on their support site for User Manual Downloads but as of the time of this post it is empty.The manual states that mini to female USB-A is so you can plug in a keyboard. It doesn't work and the web site now says • USB Cable (for data transfers only)

· Registered
8 Posts
mogrith;26934 said:
Maybe we need to start a Android 101 section of the wiki? I did not find the notification pull down until a friend that has a android phone showed it to me.Augen has area on their support site for User Manual Downloads but as of the time of this post it is empty.The manual states that mini to female USB-A is so you can plug in a keyboard. It doesn't work and the web site now says • USB Cable (for data transfers only)
This is exactly my point. This tablet is not at all ready for mass consumption. It would be a great service to have a sticky pointing to the places people can get acquainted with Android.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.