Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi Friends. Again me
. Today I want to install 4.1 Clean rom of cube mini that is recently reliesed. so like always I went to rockchip flasher and try to install. tablet driver had no problem on win 8. so the green light appear and i clicked install. and it failed. so there is a major problem. Tablet wont start any more and stays in broken boot logo. it can not load into a place that the green light o flashtool appear again. also reseting in recovery mode not do anything and again the broken boot. any suggestion?

·
Registered
11 Posts
make sure you used the right firmware update also redownload fw update in case the one you downloaded was corrupt

Cube U30GT Firmware Upgrade Instructions (v1.3, 11th June 2012, Tested on Cube U30GT-W V1.06 Firmware and Cube U30GT-H V1.01).Thanks to Krikkit for confirming that it works on the -H model.

Note: This does a WIPE upgrade so make sure you have anything backed up before you do this! After this the tablet will be as it was when you received it except on a later firmware.

1. Download the latest firmware (see this link)

2. Within the firmware there is a Rockchip batch tool but this is in Chinese so use this version instead

3. Extract the Rockchip batch tool which includes the necessary drivers for Windows

4. Run the RKBatchTool_1.5.exe in the extracted Flashtool folder and select the image you downloaded from Cube

5. Shut down your tablet

6. Plug the USB cable into your tablet

7. Now pressing the power and volume + buttons together connect the other end of the USB cable to your PC

8. Once Windows notices a new device release the 2 buttons

9. When asked for drivers browse to the "drivers" folder within the extracted batch tool folder and select it allowing windows to install the driver. If you aren't asked for drivers and you get a device install failure go to Device Manager and look for Unknown Device. Right click on this and select update drivers. Browse to the folder within the RKBatchTool folder with the drivers for your OS (Win 7 64 bit in my case) and select this folder.

10. If all ok the "device 1 connected" square within the RKBatchTool_1.5 will change from grey to green

11. Press the "upgrade" button in RKBatchTool_1.5

12. The green square should change to orange showing that the flash operation is happening

13. If all ok you should get a success message at the end (takes about 3 minutes)

14. The tablet should reboot but if it does not then press the power button

15. The first boot after an upgrade takes much longer than a normal boot. Just be patient and wait for the lockscreen.

16. The default language will be Chinese. When you get a prompt hit the home button and then go to settings and look for the menu option with a letter A in a white box (this is language). Select this and then the top option on the right hand side of the screen. This will give you a list of languages. Select English (UK) or whatever and then restart the tablet.

17. Don't forget to click green + bottom right of this post if this has helped you.

Change History:
v1.0 Initial untested version
V1.1 Updated following testing
v1.2 Updated to show that this is untested on the Cube U30GT-H model. Added change history.
v1.3 Updated to show that these instructions work on the Cube U30GT-H model (Thanks Krikkit)

NOTE: I take no responsibility for you updating your device. You do so at your own risk. Please use the tablet's own update feature if available as this is a lot safer.
thanx dude i have been looking for this for ages appreciate it im a real noob at tablets i have flashed my galaxys phone a few times but this is all new hahaha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
i have a problem in reflashing my tablet,i have aoson m30 that is RK3066 dual core similar to cube.
i opened the rkbatch tool 1.5, shut down the tablet and connected it to PC and pressed vol+ and power buttons and the square area 1 turned green
whether i maintain pressing the buttons or release them the area return grey after a few seconds and installation fails. can you help me fixing this problem?
thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
i have a problem in reflashing my tablet,i have aoson m30 that is RK3066 dual core similar to cube.
i opened the rkbatch tool 1.5, shut down the tablet and connected it to PC and pressed vol+ and power buttons and the square area 1 turned green
whether i maintain pressing the buttons or release them the area return grey after a few seconds and installation fails. can you help me fixing this problem?
thanks
try different usb ports and see if that helps or redownload the file it may be corrupted sorry i cant help you more dont know that much myself im a noob at tabs was reading on the cube site they said to connect to usb at rear of pc goodluck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good evening... joined up so I could express my thanks to the OP for excellent, clear instructions. I bought a Cube U30GT-H for my son as a Christmas present. It developed one of those annoying faults whereby it stuck on the "No Cube, No Fun" screen and wouldn't shift. Rather than send it back to the retailer ( I have had a bad experience with another tablet in that regard) I decided to see if I could fix it. With the help of this thread, I could. Simple and straightforward, many many thanks

81 - 87 of 87 Posts