Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried updating to 7-18 firmware update (mine came as 7-5). I downloaded the file from PD site to my SD card. However, when I tried to install, the machine first freezes. I had to hard reset twice to get it out of the booting loop. Finally when the installation bar appeared, I thought I was succeeding. But the orange bar only got barely 1/2" long when the PDN rebooted itself. At first I thought it's a faulty firmware and tried downloading another one from this forum. But same thing happened. My question is: Is this orange installation bar supposed to go all the way to the end before the booting begin? Do I have a faulty machine on hand?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
make sure you're getting the full download. I have personally had to help three people - phsyically, in the room - with getting the complete download.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
When you go to download, the downloader should tell you the full size of the file. Make sure the file you put on the sd card is roughly that file size (79 megs leaps to mind).To be clearDownload the file to your computer.Check the file sizeput the file on an sd cardshut the slate down completely (use power off, not sleep. you can use the reset button)put the card inhold volume upwhile holding volume up, hold power on until you see the unpack screenthe progress bar should go all the way.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
is the sdcard bad? Did you try another sdcard?

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='nycrare;28257]hmmm...good question. I don't know. But my other files(epub books' date='etc) on the card are all working. Is there a way to check if the card is damaged? Mine is 2GB SDHC.[/QUOTE'] Try formatting the card. I know clockworx has said that he has some issue and while it is not exactly the same as yours maybe it will help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry about the confusion: Some people say the installation bar never go all the way...some say it's supposed to... Maybe I need to rephrase my question: How can I tell if I had indeed installed the update? The support setting shows the 7-18 firmware with serial #,etc. Is there a specific feature on the 7-18 version that the older versions don't have?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks blazingwolf. Here's what I got:Firmware version: S10_07_18k_PD-INX7E_ENG_6410POPBSP Version: V0.01.003.20100705Wi-Fi version: 2.3.0.0 July.01.2010FrameWork version: V1.0_07072010Application version: V1.0_07182010Does this mean I DID install the 7-18 firmware even though the bar didn't go all the way?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.