Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where can I find the wider yellow flat cable?
Do I have to move this wires as far as is possible to the edge of the T9?

By the way: Is it normal that the T9 gives a half stereo sound on the speaker?
I hardly can't believe that the stereo is not converted to real mono.
The yellow cables ( ribbons ) are two, one wide and one thin, they both come from the
screen and are connected to the mainboard with a kind of pressing conector, this two
cables must be firmly conected and pressed.

about the speakers, and screen's power wires, you must place them in such a way that
they are not pressed against the screen (the best place for them is to go around the
screen edge and not behind it as the cover will press them agains the screen.

looking at the way the speakers are wired ( only two wires ) the speakers are not stereo
they are a couple of mono speakers. The headphones are stereo.

best regards,
Miguel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Miguel, is your version of 929 capable of playing all Youtube videos? Mine can't play older videos for some reason so I had to go back to an older version (916) of the firmware and not update Youtube for it to work. The downside is there are now some apps in the market I want to use that aren't compatible with this version.

Nonz

·
Registered
65 Posts
hi Nonz,

no, some youtube videos that are not hq have playback issues.

the youtube apk seems to be the one with the problem since dolphin hd can play the without incident even in full screen mode.

flash player 11 does work better than 10.2 or 10.3 so far

for the youtube apk to work with those videos i must go to settings andselect hi quality for mobile phones or something like that and the go to full scren mode and click th hq button on the video then the video plays but looks horrible it looks better in dolphin hd.

best regards
Miguel.

p.d. working with a microsd image of a t9 with firmware from october

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi Nonz,

no, some youtube videos that are not hq have playback issues.

the youtube apk seems to be the one with the problem since dolphin hd can play the without incident even in full screen mode.

flash player 11 does work better than 10.2 or 10.3 so far

for the youtube apk to work with those videos i must go to settings andselect hi quality for mobile phones or something like that and the go to full scren mode and click th hq button on the video then the video plays but looks horrible it looks better in dolphin hd.

best regards
Miguel.

p.d. working with a microsd image of a t9 with firmware from october
Hi Miguel,

I had the same problem with youtube using the 0929 firmware, see this message I wrote before:

Then I tested Youtube and was very disappointed. Almost all video's could not play in HQ anymore: message: "Could not play this video, touch screen for a new attempt".

Some other problems: Some websites I could not open anymore, message: "to many bypasses"

When playing streaming mp4-files from internet time-bar of MX-videoplayer not works anymore.

I was using Youtube version 2.1.6 at that moment.
The only thing I could do was switching of HQ but then it was awfull to look at.
This is the only reason I run the 916 firmware now.

Do you have any idea of the cause of this issue?

Best regards,

John

·
Registered
65 Posts
hi john,

no idea i do not use the youtube app i see the videos on dolphin hd as indeed many of my favorite videos are not hd like the everly brothers crying in the rain in concert.
so if i watch it on the youtube app i must disable the hq in fullscreen or it wont play an even then i looks like crap so i see my videos in dolphin hd.

best regards
Miguel

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have sent to merimobiles the last 3 roms for T9, and the last pack that i created
the updated pack (with english batchs, etc..) was with the firmware "T9 Gingerbread 2.3_0929",
and is the best for now...

First step is to "upgrade" your tablet to T9 2.3_0929 firmware...
after done this... now you need to root it (see below)

the last 2 firmwares brings your Gingerbread so the SuperOneClick will FAIL to Root by cable,
but don't cry, now this tablet can be easy rooted using "gingerbreak 1.20 .apk" (search in google)
or use this link.. download and install it (and don't forget to "check" in your tablet to run unsecure sources)
(Ginger Break... to break "gingerbread" systems, tested and works fine with 0929)
GingerBreak 1.20.apk
download link GingerBreak 1.20.apk

after this , I suggest to you install the "Black Market.apk" to install applications for free..

and for the youtube videos... don't cry, only use a "descent" browser...

my problems with some youtube videos (and another stream sites) are solved using DOLPHIN BROWSER HD 7.2.1 (free).

best regards
BaRaoZemo (from Brazil)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have sent to merimobiles the last 3 roms for T9, and the last pack that i created
the updated pack (with english batchs, etc..) was with the firmware "T9 Gingerbread 2.3_0929",
and is the best for now...

First step is to "upgrade" your tablet to T9 2.3_0929 firmware...
uafter done this... now you need to root it (see below)

the last 2 firmwares brings your Gingerbread so the SuperOneClick will FAIL to Root by cable,
but don't cry, now this tablet can be easy rooted using "gingerbreak 1.20 .apk" (search in google)
or use this link.. download and install it (and don't forget to "check" in your tablet to run unsecure sources)
(Ginger Break... to break "gingerbread" systems, tested and works fine with 0929)
GingerBreak 1.20.apk
download link GingerBreak 1.20.apk

after this , I suggest to you install the "Black Market.apk" to install applications for free..

and for the youtube videos... don't cry, only use a "descent" browser...

my problems with some youtube videos (and another stream sites) are solved using DOLPHIN BROWSER HD 7.2.1 (free).

best regards
BaRaoZemo (from Brazil)
Hi Zemo,

I know that Dolphin browser solves the Youtube HQ problem, but it cannot work well with PLAYLISTS.
So I have tot use the original Youtube app, but this only works well with the 916 firmware.
It is a pity for all your good work, but if I install 929 I really get problems with my wife, because she is running playlists half the day.
Do you have any solution for this?

Kind regards,
John

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi,

damaging the hardware that way is really rare and unlikely.

i use ES file explorer to watch my torrent downloaded tv shows hosted in a WRT160NL router with OpenWRT
in a disk conected to its usb port via samba almost without incident ( which is somehow equivalent to a NAS i think ).

i say almost withiout incident because the video plays fine but after maybe 15-20 minutes it makes a pause
the sound card makes some ticking sound but after a 1-5 minutes it resumes playing as normal, kind of the
T9 taking a little break

EDIT: Now that MX videoplayer 1.4a and Codec for ARM7 1.4 for MX Videoplayer are out, there is no break time
for the T9 ( 2011-11-06).

please check the "T9 Wont turn on", for part of my story with the T9. Mine also failed at first week,
the other guy in the thread's T9 failed after 1 hour, but ever since its been very stable.

A loose conector might start working fine but as temperature of the device while in use increeses and the tablet moves,
it could trigger the events your describe.
Hi Miguel

Maybe you remember my messages from october, november from last year.
I just wanna let you know now that all the issues I wrote, completely are resolved just by doing nothing at all.
I know that it sounds unexplanable, but I have a very stable T9 now running the 916 firmware.

Thank you for all response!

Kind regards

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Newer firmware out from INLE - M728 Brush firmware _ Andrews 2.3_1012. Again, untested use at your own risk.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y6wbeq35twaq05m

Information: _1012 M728 latest Brush firmware Add time :2012-3-14 File size: 98.93MB

Folder - Drivers
BIN - u-boot_0929.bin
Windows Batch File - Before I upgraded bootloader.bat
Windows Batch File - A new installation.Bat
Windows Batch File - Upgrade installation.Bat
Microsoft Office Word Document - Film music M728 firmware upgrade the operating instructions.Doc
Text Document - Film music M728 firmware upgrade the operating instructions.Txt

Google translate of Instructions.txt

Film music M728 firmware upgrade instructions

The WINDOWS32 bit operating system upgrade of computer video music M728 Brush

This firmware for the the Atradius 2.3 firmware VER: 1012

Steps:
1, Close M728 and by the computer with the USB connection; downloaded zip package and extract to your computer.

2, Hold down the "Home" button (panel round key) let go, then press the "POWER" boot. When being updated, please wait "mode interface, release the keys

3, Without installation of android usb drive, the computer will be prompted to install the driver. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)", to find the driver directory usb_driver_r03-windows install the driver.

4, confirm that the drive has been the installation is complete, double-click the first point I upgrade bootloader.bat about 3 seconds to complete the installation the machine starts.

5, manual shutdown, and 2 steps to re-enter the upgrade mode. Double-click the new installation. Bat began to flash the firmware. Brush about 2-3 minutes after the machine automatically restart to complete. (First start-up time is longer, please be patient)

Description:
1, The upgrade installation: only upgrade the system software did not change (part of the software to be re-installed before normal use, such as FLASH and other, it is recommended that a new installation). New install: erase the user to install the software and user data, a new installation Andrews pure version.
2, enclosing drive for WINDOWS 32-bit systems.

Note:
1, A google account to login and registration, the date and time you need to set to the current time
2, Some of the big game "compatibility mode" in the "spare parts" to cancel the check for proper full-screen run.
For the convenience of the users who play games, we set up dual-SDCARD file folder.

, Users do not have a TF card can copy the game database files to the FLASH-SDCARD file folder.

Users, often using the TF card, copy the database files for the game to TF card. Insert TF card, FLASH-SDCARD folders automatically hide.

·
Registered
52 Posts
New INLE firmware - M728 Brush firmware _ Andrews 2.3_120223 - Again, untested use at your own risk.

http://www.mediafire.com/?72n77w588n7zaba

Changed the .bat file names to English and Google Translation of the M728 firmware upgrade instructions.txt and used .zip instead of .rar if anyone wants to try it. - M728 Android 2.3_120223

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?910oqbh5t3an9t8

Folder - Drivers
BIN - u-boot_0929.Bin
Zip file - update_120223.Zip
Windows Batch File - A new installation. Bat
Windows Batch File - Upgrade bootloader.Bat
Windows Batch File - Upgrade installation. Bat
Microsoft Office Word Document - M728 firmware upgrade instructions.Doc
Text Document - M728 firmware upgrade instructions.Txt

Google translate of Instructions.txt

Film music M728 firmware upgrade instructions

The WINDOWS32 bit operating system upgrade of computer video music M728 Brush

This firmware for the the Atradius 2.3 firmware VER: 120 223

Steps:
1. Turn off the M728 and connected via USB desktop or notebook; downloaded zip package and extract to a WINDOWS computer (recommended WINDOWSXP 32-bit systems).
2. Hold down the "Home" button (panel round key) let go, then press the "POWER" boot. When being updated, please wait "mode interface, release the keys

3. Without installation of android usb drive, the computer will be prompted to install the driver. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)", to find the driver directory "\ Drivers \ usb_driver_r03-windows install the driver.

4. Confirm driver installation has been completed, double-click "upgrade bootloader.bat, 3 seconds or so to install the machine starts.

5. Manual shutdown, and 2 steps to re-enter the upgrade mode. Double-click the new installation. Bat began to flash the firmware. Brush about 2-3 minutes after the machine automatically restart to complete. (First start-up time is longer, please be patient)

Modify the question:
1. To adjust the camera will be forced to close.
2. Other daily updates and maintenance.

Description:
1. The upgrade installation: only upgrade the system software did not change (part of the software to be re-installed before normal use, such as FLASH and other, it is recommended that a new installation). New install: erase the user to install the software and user data, a new installation Andrews pure version.
2. Enclosing drive for WINDOWS 32-bit systems.

Note:
1. A google account to login and registration, the date and time you need to set to the current time
2. Some of the big game "compatibility mode" in the "spare parts" to cancel the check for proper full-screen run.
3. For the convenience of the users who play games, we set up dual-SDCARD file folder.

A. Users do not have a TF card can copy the game database files to the FLASH-SDCARD file folder.

B. Users, often using the TF card, copy the database files for the game to TF card. Insert TF card, FLASH-SDCARD folders automatically hide.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, i must say the T9 behaves much much better with the lastest firmware 120223.

its much more stable that the previous ones so far.

i have made the ususal tweaks ( rooting, setting up the id string for the market, disabling unused apks and
tweaking the internal partitions for more space ).

there was an issue with previous firmwares, i am using a class 10 16 GB microSD for the internal card and
a class 4 32 gb as the external microsd. with previous firmwares android seemed to make little pauses while
executing tasks it was anoying, and it only did that when using the class 10 microsd as the "Operative System microSD"
with this firmware that is gone, its now much more responsive, it loads almost in no time.

youtube issue still in the same, video cuts and playback errors so i use dolphin HD.

anything else is fine.

best regards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All

Does anyone know if there are any or there is likely to be, any further updates to the firmware etc for these machines ??

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
T9 - Running Android 2.2 - Froyo - Stock Base Image
Firmware Dated: 05-30-2011

I have uploaded the compressed .RAR file to the MID816.com website provided by our great Adrenalynn.
The file size is 528mb.

Link: MID816.com - Froyo 2.2 - 2011-06-01-T9-BackupImage-Stock.rar

*****Please I need this image*****

·
Registered
65 Posts
anybody still alive in this forum?

i have an restore image for the T9 based on the 929 firmware rooted.

i am working in an image for the T9 with 100223, is already ready, but i still have to
figure out a way to share it as they are 512 mb for a direct flashing image.

and i am making some tests creating an flashable update.zip that would set the T9 stable and ready to use.

does any of you have similar tablet firmwares as i am sick and tired of this system for the t9, it continues to
corrupt the userdata partitition on a timely basis, i am guessing its about the kernel used for this system,
that corrupts the internal sd card, and there seems no way to install a recovery, another boot loader, or use any other
kernel
all the links in this forums are down, but if you happend to have images or firmwares for the MID816, MID816R2 A816 or any other,
i would appreciate the files to i have something to work and test with.

best regards.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts