Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
**Please Note**
If this is your first Android Tablet/Device... you will probably need to install drivers for it so the system recognizes it.
The firmware update appears to include a set of drivers.
- I have not tested them personally as I already had working drivers installed​

[hr]

yNaemrTrGRM[/MEDIA]]T9 - Firmware Update Guide - www.merimobiles.com
By: Tasselhof

Instructions (From Firmware Update TXT File)

Translated from Chinese

Steps to refresh the firmware (using the PC to the MID for Brush, Suitable for ---- Yingle M728)

The firmware 2.3 firmware for the Andrews VER: 0805

1. Close MID and connect with the PC via USB; extract the downloaded archive to the PC.
2 Hold down the "Home" button (circular button panel) just let go, and then "switch key" boot. When the "Updating, please wait" mode screen, release the button
3 and, if not installed android usb driver, PC will be prompted to install the driver. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" to locate the driver directory "usb_driver_r03-windows" install the driver.

4, confirm the driver has been installed, double-click the "first point I upgrade bootloader.bat", 3 seconds after the machine starts to complete the installation, manually shut down, according to two steps, re-enter the upgrade mode.

5, double-click the "clean install. Bat" start flashing the firmware. Brush for about 2-3 minutes after the machine automatically restarted. (For the first time boot time longer, please be patient)

Upgrade Instructions:
A, upgrade installation: Only upgrade the system, the software did not change (part of the software to be reinstalled before normal use, such as FLASH, etc., the proposed new installation). New install: erase user-installed software and user data, clean install clean version of Andrews.
B, containing a driver for the WINDOWS 32-bit systems.

Current Firmware
- Firmware Source - Translated - www.inle.cc - M728

Dated: 09-29-2011 - Gingerbread

Translated File:
http://www.mediafire.com/?txi8li93dmh37vpMediafire.com - T9-20110929-Gingerbread.zip
- Thanks Sajuuk
- I have corrected the file names to make this a bit clearer and easier to update.
- they were all in chinese characters
- I also put in a Google Translate of the firmware update notes
- There is also an update to the Boot Loader which you can run first.

Information Name: M728 Brush tool Andrews 2.3_0929 Application System: Android Add Time :2011 -9-17 File size: 97.14MB Brief: Modify the problem:

1 extends to the boot logo screen appear before the Android flash fonts 2 decoding library upgrade to 0920 version 3-compatible version of Huawei Huawei EC122 3g card 4 Other small optimization problems 1, the firmware within the Word graphic instructions, the instructions exactly, the first upgrade bootloader mode boot software "BOOTLOADER", after a reboot, shut down and re-enter bootloader mode selected "clean install", Brush Please keep the USB connection process, until the last restart.

2 google account login and registration, the date and time need to set the current time
3. Some of the big game you need to "spare parts" in the "compatibility mode" to uncheck the normal full-screen operation.
4 To facilitate the users to play games, we set up a dual SDCARD folder.

A, no TF card users, the game's database can be copied to the FLASH-SDCARD file folder.

B, users often use the TF card, database files can be copied to the game of TF card. Insert TF card, FLASH-SDCARD folder automatically hidden.

[hr]

Old Firmware

Dated: 08-05-2011 - Gingerbread Update

Link: Mediafire.com - T9-20110805-Gingerbread.zip
- Thanks Sajuuk
- I have corrected the file names to make this a bit clearer and easier to update.
- they were all in chinese characters
- I also put in a Google Translate of the firmware update notes

Note from Update File:
1 google account login and registration, the date and time need to set the current time
2 large game needs to be "spare parts" in the "compatibility mode" to normal full screen uncheck the run.
3 for the convenience of users play games, we set up a dual SDCARD folder.

1, no TF card users, the game's database can be copied to the FLASH-SDCARD file folder.
2, frequent use of TF card users can copy the game to TF card database file. Insert TF card, FLASH-SDCARD folder automatically hidden.

I have performed the update - My Notes...
1) it is Gingerbread
2) it defaults to Chinese for the language... change to English in settings... but some Chinese characters will stick around until you reboot.
3) went through the settings... clicking on display force closes the settings app... so currently unable to change display settings
4) I tested my root script that works for the MID816 models, but unfortunately it still doesn't work for the T9... I am sure though there are other options.

Tasselhof

Dated: 07-06-2011

Link: Mediafire.com - T9-20110706.zip
- Thanks djstirr
- it is clearly marked as !RunFirst

Alternate Link: Dropbox.com - T9 Firmware Update - T9-20110706.zip

Update changelog: (notes translated from included TXT file)
1 to change the system and data partition file system (to change into ext4), increase system speed and stability
2. increase the capabilities to restore the factory default
3. Wifi can not remember the password change bug
4 to solve some gameloft games are not allowed to display and touch issues
5 should be part of the customer, will shut down the desktop to open the assembly and fade out of the assembly off
6. Increase comes with adobe flash apk, restore the factory default value, no need to install adobe flash.

Dated: 06-29-2011
YouSendIt.com - 2011-06-29-StockFirmwareUpdate
- After extracting the files, you will need to change a filename.
T 9 update_0629.zip
To:
update_0629.zip

Alternate Link: Dropbox.com - T9 Firmware Update - T9-06292011.zip

Update: (notes translated from included TXT file)
1 update decoding library to deal with the problems of some players, such as video camera deadlock
2 battery red power increase of 10% / 20% / 30% level, etc.
3 Adjust the display area and touch gameloft games area and increase the virtual mobile phone serial number, to support Urban GT 6, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto Train, Urban GT 5, etc.
4. Modify ogg playback mode, to support the modern war games such as Shrek 2 and
5 modified g-sensor, processing TurboFly_3D game in the wrong direction question
6. Portraitl turned into a 270 degree change
7 Optimization camera quality
8. Increase google market (due to limited domestic network environment, using them is not very stable)

Another: Some big game needs to be in Compatibility Mode Spare Parts uncheck the full screen to normal operation.

Spare Parts for the "system enhancements" tool, finished version of the official website for download.

Dated: 06-16-2011
YouSendIt.com - 2011-06-16-T9-StockFirmwareUpdate

Alternate/Backup Download Link: Dropbox.com - 20110617-T9-StockFirmwareUpdate.zip

Missing Android Market

Fixed the External SD Card access
Fixed the Microphone

Added a Car Mode app which is interesting
Added Home, Volume, Back, and Menu virtual buttons to the top bar

Verified: 5-Point Multi-Touch still works

Dated: 05-30-2011
Mediafire.com - 2011-05-30-T9-StockFirmwareUpdate
- Missing Android Market

Tasselhof

[hr]

How to Factory Reset the T9
- A BIG Thank You to Mackun for this great tip!

If you have a problem with t9 tablet and want to factory reset,
you have to modify update.bat

Original :
@echo off
Drivers\fastboot update update_0530.zip
pause
Modified :
@echo off
Drivers\fastboot -w update update_0530.zip
pause
'-w' option means that erase userdata and cache.

In my case, wifi connection, route table, ping and etc were all ok,
but all connection were not working.

After using original update.bat, the internet problem were still the same.
But, after using modified update.bat, all problem was sovled even though all data include apps and settings were gone.

Mackun

Reactions: janDr0id

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have add an instructional video to update the firmware.
I am also working on the internals video which will be posted in a separate topic.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
84 Posts
Really great, can't believe updating is THAT easy!
Can't wait to see the Internal & Review Video! Hurry up!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Just posted the latest firmware for the T9
- Provided by Merimobiles.com

Dated: 06-16-2011
YouSendIt.com - 2011-06-16-T9-StockFirmwareUpdate

Missing Android Market

Fixed the External SD Card access
Fixed the Microphone

Added a Car Mode app which is interesting
Added Home, Volume, Back, and Menu virtual buttons to the top bar

Verified: 5-Point Multi-Touch still works

Tasselhof

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool; is this latest build 2.2 still, or 2.3?

Also: is it rootable?
Still 2.2... although I have been advised that the factory is working on a Gingerbread build and Market.

It is what I call "partially" rootable using z4root.

By partially I mean that programs will prompt for SuperUser access and run.. IE:
Button Saviour
Button Manager
Root Explorer
Titanium Backup

The reason it isn't a "full" root is that I can't modify files in the System folder... being the build.prop.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
84 Posts
If the market would work already, I would have bought the T9 already no matter if froyo or gingerbread... just the sign that there "might" be gingerbread anytime soon would be a little extra cookie for me to buy it...

by looking your lil multitouch preview tasselhoff, i am impressed of the screen, it's really accurate and as you say no gittering like, for example the mid816r2 2point multitouch...

I just wasnt sure if the factory is really working on firmware updates for the T9, but now there is an update, there might be the chance for more...

but we can just GUESS... no guarantees on china tables...

with a nice working firmware the T9 would be the completest china tablet i've seen... hardwarewise it's great and i love that it's built like a tank

anyway, what's so hard in fixing the market?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Still 2.2... although I have been advised that the factory is working on a Gingerbread build and Market.

It is what I call "partially" rootable using z4root.

By partially I mean that programs will prompt for SuperUser access and run.. IE:
Button Saviour
Button Manager
Root Explorer
Titanium Backup

The reason it isn't a "full" root is that I can't modify files in the System folder... being the build.prop.

Tasselhof
Hm... strange..

I can modify files in the system folder after using z4root version 1.3.1.
Here is my log.

$ su
su
# cd system
cd system
# cat build.prop
cat build.prop
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=FRF91
ro.build.display.id=sec_smdkv210-user 2.2 FRF91 eng.foxluo.20110616.190120 test-
keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.foxluo.20110616.190120

# mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# ls
ls
wifi
framework
lib
key_921600.psr
sample.bdaddr
key_3000000.psr
etc
bin
build.prop
usr
fonts
media
app
lost+found
# busybox cp build.prop aaa.aaa
busybox cp build.prop aaa.aaa
# ls
ls
wifi
framework
lib
key_921600.psr
sample.bdaddr
key_3000000.psr
etc
bin
build.prop
usr
fonts
media
app
lost+found
aaa.aaa
# rm aaa.aaa
rm aaa.aaa
# ls
ls
wifi
framework
lib
key_921600.psr
sample.bdaddr
key_3000000.psr
etc
bin
build.prop
usr
fonts
media
app
lost+found
#
As you can see, I can write/remove a file in system folder.
Am I misunderstand your intention?

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hm... strange..

I can modify files in the system folder after using z4root version 1.3.1.
Here is my log.

As you can see, I can write/remove a file in system folder.
Am I misunderstand your intention?
I was using Root Explorer app from within Android.

I am not too familiar with using ADB to push/pull files.
But if it works that way then perhaps you can push the appropriate market app and services.
Also adjust the build.prop for the DPI

Tasselhof

·
Registered
84 Posts
May I ask where the heck you get your Firmware Updates from?

Is there some official Site from the producing manufacturer? AiShuo? Herotab/Heropad? or whatever it's company is called... I don't get it... those Updates don't pop out of nowhere... and doubt that the company's are sending emails with such a big attachement so you might explain where you/we can get always the latest firmwares... Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
May I ask where the heck you get your Firmware Updates from?

Is there some official Site from the producing manufacturer? AiShuo? Herotab/Heropad? or whatever it's company is called... I don't get it... those Updates don't pop out of nowhere... and doubt that the company's are sending emails with such a big attachement so you might explain where you/we can get always the latest firmwares... Thanks in advance...
Many times there are users who scour the chinese sites to find firmware updates.
Currently I am getting mine from Merimobiles.

They stay in contact with the factory and pass along the issues I report.
Then it is a matter of waiting and rechecking multiple times by Merimobiles to see if a new firmware is available.

Once they get a new one, they post it to a "hosting" site and let me know.
I then provide the links etc... and update the forum.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all,

I am having an issue with updating the firmware on my t9. After installing the drivers that come with the firmware package, i was able to get my PC to recognize the tablet. I am also able to place in into the proper "updating please wait" mode. Once i click the .bat file the process seems to get stuck on "sending "system"". Any Ideas???

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello all,

I am having an issue with updating the firmware on my t9. After installing the drivers that come with the firmware package, i was able to get my PC to recognize the tablet. I am also able to place in into the proper "updating please wait" mode. Once i click the .bat file the process seems to get stuck on "sending "system"". Any Ideas???

Thanks in advance.
If you don't mind wiping the device... you can add the -w to the update.bat

Tasselhof

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you don't mind wiping the device... you can add the -w to the update.bat

Tasselhof
Thanks for the swift reply. After trying the -w option nothing has changed. The device userdata was indeed wiped and once again I cannot seem to get the system.img to flash to the system folder of the device. It just simply hangs. Even after trying to update it manually (without the bat file), through fastboot. The weird thing is that the device is recognized, i can easily use ADB services except for flashing the system file.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

-George

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the swift reply. After trying the -w option nothing has changed. The device userdata was indeed wiped and once again I cannot seem to get the system.img to flash to the system folder of the device. It just simply hangs. Even after trying to update it manually (without the bat file), through fastboot. The weird thing is that the device is recognized, i can easily use ADB services except for flashing the system file.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

-George
You could try removing the internal SD card and writing the base image to it.
Slatedroid.com - T9 - Image

Tasselhof

·
Registered
21 Posts
You could try removing the internal SD card and writing the base image to it.
Slatedroid.com - T9 - Image

Tasselhof
I was able to remove the SD card and flash the stock image which you provided. I still run into the same exact problem. I just cannot seem to be able to access the device's /sdcard/system path no matter what i try. Recently I tried using fastboot just to totally erase the data in the /system partition and received the message "remote/failed to erase partition"

I am trying to think of how I can apply this new firmware to my tablet. And furthermore, how will I be able to apply upcoming firmware to it (say when 2.3 comes out)

Any words of advice will be appreciated. Thanks

-George

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good day again,

I have been experimenting with a bunch of stuff on the T9. I have a question for this thread. Can someone describe their partitions and the sizes on this particular device. I suspect that the reason I cannot flash the system.img to the /system folder is due to size issues.

Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts