Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
I bet that is our firmware , thats bs

·
Registered
150 Posts
I suppose you could consider Creative Commons licensing of the altered bits of code to prevent commercial usage without permission. Of course we're on a little shakey ground ourselves there, since we're asking manufacturers to share their code with us, etc. I guess we have to consider whether we believe in free code, free source code, and the freedom to alter code or not. If so, shrug it off. Some people probably try to sell air, or the Brooklyn Bridge, as well as free code. You can get upset about it, but there are better things to do in life. Like enjoy what freedoms there are despite the jerks out there.BTW, seems like if somebody is dumb enough not to type "firmware" and "Eken" into Google to come up with Slatedroid.com, but only is able to type the word "Ebay" into their browser for software purchases, they're in need of a lesson. Which they will get in this case if they buy first and search later. When they do, that Ebay seller will be collecting a lot of negative comments fast. Should be self-healing as far as problems go.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I ask few question:Answer are here1-Firmaware version: 3.6.7.3.62-I have with new 1.7.4 kernel too, but its a too new, maybe have some bugs...its relase date is 2010. jun. 20.3-And this van with 1.7.2 kernel:v1.01.7.2/1.6r2 AOSP basedUpdated most of the framework to AOSP 1.6r2Recompiled A LOT of the android system (what I could)Slight Speed boost (1.39-1.4 mflops average)Removed unneeded/not working apks (market,mms, etc.)SWAPNew build.prop2.1 desckclockRoot by zipperx(enabled automatically)removed alot of chinese stuffHome++ launcherHelix LauncherLow- res youtube (thanks to androidmr2)SlideME 3.44 marketsetupwizardremoved themeframegoogle stuff (no market)modified build.propmodified permissionscalculatordocs2goAct1PlayerIReaderPeacock Photo GalleryEs file explorer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Let's mass report the seller.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hold on, hold on. First off: I think it sucks big time what this guy is doing, especially if it's 1 on 1 downloads from others he's reselling.But I think this guy is not doing anything wrong (besides ethics and decency). It's not commercial usage of the software, he's providing some sort of a service (assuming you get instructions with it).Even though that is freely available everywhere, you are still allowed to provide such a service for a reasonable price.Wrong or not... it still sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[quote name='McMadd;12402]Hold on' date=' hold on. First off: I think it sucks big time what this guy is doing, especially if it's 1 on 1 downloads from others he's reselling.But I think this guy is not doing anything wrong (besides ethics and decency). It's not commercial usage of the software, he's providing some sort of a service (assuming you get instructions with it).Even though that is freely available everywhere, you are still allowed to provide such a service for a reasonable price.Wrong or not... it still sucks.[/QUOTE'] I don't know what the user agreement for the os/firmware is (or even if it's open source), but most likely it's a copyright violation, he could get sued, and ebay should de-list. Even if the underlying os is open-source, the modifications to it may not be, barring specific language in the user agreement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.