Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Changelog by gtranslate
1: can not play RMVB format optimized for film sources BUG; (means??)
2: increased stability.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can u please tell me where u found this firmware. Cant see it on the chuwi website download page.
I am looking for the latest v88s version. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone have a mirror link for the V88s firmware Please ?
Thanks
Romulous,

I'm assuming you have the V88s? If so, it would be really great you start a new thread in the "General Q&A" entitled V88s Consumer Reviews and provide your impression of this tablet.

smithmal

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haven't got it yet but its on its way I will review it when it gets here though
I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully all the ROMs for the v88 are compatible with the v88s. I think Oma mentioned in his thread that his would be.

smithmal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone tell me the best way/steps to backup/restore my installed Apps, config and data file before/after flashing this 4.2.2 0628 release (my current V88 having 4.2.2. 0622 release and installed many Apps)? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can anyone tell me the best way/steps to backup/restore my installed Apps, config and data file before/after flashing this 4.2.2 0628 release (my current V88 having 4.2.2. 0622 release and installed many Apps)? Thanks.
KW,

I used the Pro version of Titanium Backup. This allows me to backup all my apps, app data and user data to my external SD card. Then once I reflash new firmware/ROM, I re-download TB, re-select where I saved my backup file (menu-->preferences--->Backup folder location) and then restore everything back onto the tablet using the batch control "Restore all apps and user data" function.

Hope this helps.

smithmal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello !

First post here

I received this morning my new v88, and flashed it almost immediately with that latest firmware. Everything seems to works fine, and the tablet seems way more reactive than it was with stock ROM.
I only noticed a problem, I don't know if it's related to the latest firmware or not, so maybe you can tell me.

My problem is that the front camera is very very dark, unless you're in sunlight or with a strong light directly aimed at you, you can't see anything with that camera. The difference with rear camera is VERY big, the front camera is unusable in a slightly low lighted room

Did you notice something similar with that new firmware, or even with previous firmware ?

Thanks !
-fx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Smithmal

I believe the restoration will not put back the rooting (assume flashing using official firmware). If true, The steps shall be:
1. Backup using TP
2. Flashing
3. Rooting (follow rooting process)
4. Download/install TP
5. Restore using TP

KW,

I used the Pro version of Titanium Backup. This allows me to backup all my apps, app data and user data to my external SD card. Then once I reflash new firmware/ROM, I re-download TB, re-select where I saved my backup file (menu-->preferences--->Backup folder location) and then restore everything back onto the tablet using the batch control "Restore all apps and user data" function.

Hope this helps.

smithmal

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Smithmal

I believe the restoration will not put back the rooting (assume flashing using official firmware). If true, The steps shall be:
1. Backup using TP
2. Flashing
3. Rooting (follow rooting process)
4. Download/install TP
5. Restore using TP
Kenneth,

Yes that's correct. The only other thing you could do when flashing firmware (which might be easier is):

1. Backup using CWM (this is assuming that you already have CWM installed. If not then you would need to install it)
2. Flashing
3. Installing CWM
4. Restoring

Flashing CWM has it's benefits as it will also allow you to clear your cache and dalvik cache which gives your apps a "clean slate" when re-installing them.

smithmal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Day all!! This message board had been extremely helpful with helping me getting up to speed with my Chuwi V88. Been reading alot lately and just wanted to say thanks for everyone who has been actively contributing to this forum.

I have 3 Chuwi V88s 1gb models that I had purchased while I was in Asia and I have a small problem that has happened to all of them since I have updated to 4.2.2 (tried all 3 versions). My problem is that my sound output from the built in speaker has become extremely low. If I would have to guess, it is only about half the volume output of the 4.1.1 firmware. Anybody experiencing this as well? I have also tried reflashing back to the 4.1.1 (04/26/2013) version and the sound output is nice and loud so I am sure what I am experiencing is not a hardware issue plus the fact that it common to all 3 pads I have.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I also tried the 05/09/2013 and 05/25/2013 versions of 4.1.1 and found the sound output for the 05/25/2013 release a bit weaker than the 2 previous versions but not as low as the 4.2.2 releases. Can't live with the 4.1.1 versions since I find them quite laggy but movies and games are unplayable on 4.2.2 due to the low sound output.

Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cc,

Welcome to SD. I've had the same issue myself. You can fix this by installing an app called ViPER4Android, but you need to be rooted for it to work. Please check out this post and let us know if it works for you.

Also, since you are one of the few that have the new v88s models, please provide us with a brief review of your findings in this thread. It would be especially interesting to know what your thoughts are on the WiFi and the speaker location (since these are the two aspects which Chuwi supposedly optimized with the new V88s casing.

Thanks,

smithmal

1 - 20 of 25 Posts