Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ! I just purchased a Novel today and found this great site :DI want to hack my Novel but i have a question. My firmware is S10_07_05B but an older one is listed on there website. I want to be able to reload it to original if i had to but they dont list S10_07_05B. Anyone have the file S10_07_05B ? (I hope im saying things right lol)Thanks

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Joey;17575 said:
Hello everyone ! I just purchased a Novel today and found this great site :DI want to hack my Novel but i have a question. My firmware is S10_07_05B but an older one is listed on there website. I want to be able to reload it to original if i had to but they dont list S10_07_05B. Anyone have the file S10_07_05B ? (I hope im saying things right lol)Thanks
No one does yet. If you have adb setup, please do the following:"adb pull /system backup"Which will create a directory called backup. Zip it up and upload it to one of the sharing sites. I'm trying to build an updater, but no one has uploaded so far and pandigital seems slow to update their download site.There's a 07_07 version too, but no one has uploaded that either. :mad:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
All the PD apps are updated, and changes to a few libraries/binaries as well. If anyone is feeling adventurous you can probably back up your PD apps and drop the ones from this right on top. My guess is that it would probably work fine, and if it doesn't, just push the old ones right back in.also a new shell script:#!/system/bin/sh /system/bin/checkfile firstTsc /data/firstTsc /system/bin/checkfile deviceid /data/media/sdcard/.adobe-digital-editions/mydeviceid Hmm....wonder what that is for. Something to keep Adobe security locked down, maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;17663]All the PD apps are updated' date=' and changes to a few libraries/binaries as well. If anyone is feeling adventurous you can probably back up your PD apps and drop the ones from this right on top. My guess is that it would probably work fine, and if it doesn't, just push the old ones right back in.[/QUOTE'] I thought the same thing. I'll probably give it a shot in a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

Does this app have an option to restore the whole firmware? I've bricked my device and it's a clone of a clone's clone. So I can't get the original firmware to put back on it, except we found someone who just got their tablet back from the manufacturer doing a complete system restore. They've agreed to upload a copy of the firmware so I can get mine opperational again, but I need to let them know how first.

Would this application do the trick?

I don't need any modifications, I just need a copy of whatever's in the tablet.

Thanks.

Tag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.