Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great news. A Slatedroid member (thanks Dvalin21) has obtained the firmware for the Trio 4.3, 7B and 9.7. The links for each firmware are below:

MachSpeed 4.3 A13: linky
MachSpeed 7 StealthB: linky
MachSpeed 9.7: linky

Thanks,

smithmal
Hi,
I downloaded the firmware for my Trio Stealth 9.7. I get a notification message that the archive is not recognized, but regardless it went on and extracted the img file. I installed everything using Livesuite 1.7. Everything went smoothly until the 100% bar was reached. Then nothing... the device doesn't start anymore. I tried 2 more times with the same result. I tried many key combination to revive it unsuccessfully. Would you have any suggestion on what I should do from here. Thanks in advance.

Thegros.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I downloaded the firmware for my Trio Stealth 9.7. I get a notification message that the archive is not recognized, but regardless it went on and extracted the img file. I installed everything using Livesuite 1.7. Everything went smoothly until the 100% bar was reached. Then nothing... the device doesn't start anymore. I tried 2 more times with the same result. I tried many key combination to revive it unsuccessfully. Would you have any suggestion on what I should do from here. Thanks in advance.

Thegros.
thegros,

My suggestion would be not to use Livesuite at all but the built in recovery app that the tablet has (called 3e Recovery). Livesuite firmware needs to be packed a certain way for it to work properly. I've never setup a firmware for Livesuite Recovery although I'm sure it's possible is known how to pre-package it (maybe someone with knowledge can do this?). I've used Livesuite many times and it tends to be a bit dicey if you don't have the proper USB drivers for the tablet installed in the PC. It sounds like you did have the right drivers only the firmware was/is not packaged appropriately for a proper firmware update via Livesuite.

In any event, you can get into 3e Recovery within the Stealth 9.7 by shutting it down and then holding VOL DOWN and press POWER for a few seconds, then release POWER while continuing to press VOL DOWN. You'll see the Android guy for a short time and can release the button once you see 3e Recovery show up. Within 3e Recovery there should be a way to update or recover the firmware with on fimware file linked above. I'm pretty sure that you can't use the touchscreen (I've never used 3e Recovery) and must use the up/down volume buttons to navigate the menus and use the power button to select (this is the usual method with built in recovery modules).

Let us know if this works for you and if it did, what specific steps you did within 3e Recovery to make it work.

smithmal

·
Registered
5 Posts
thegros,

My suggestion would be not to use Livesuite at all but the built in recovery app that the tablet has (called 3e Recovery). Livesuite firmware needs to be packed a certain way for it to work properly. I've never setup a firmware for Livesuite Recovery although I'm sure it's possible is known how to pre-package it (maybe someone with knowledge can do this?). I've used Livesuite many times and it tends to be a bit dicey if you don't have the proper USB drivers for the tablet installed in the PC. It sounds like you did have the right drivers only the firmware was/is not packaged appropriately for a proper firmware update via Livesuite.

In any event, you can get into 3e Recovery within the Stealth 9.7 by shutting it down and then holding VOL DOWN and press POWER for a few seconds, then release POWER while continuing to press VOL DOWN. You'll see the Android guy for a short time and can release the button once you see 3e Recovery show up. Within 3e Recovery there should be a way to update or recover the firmware with on fimware file linked above. I'm pretty sure that you can't use the touchscreen (I've never used 3e Recovery) and must use the up/down volume buttons to navigate the menus and use the power button to select (this is the usual method with built in recovery modules).

Let us know if this works for you and if it did, what specific steps you did within 3e Recovery to make it work.

smithmal
Hi,
Thank you again. I'll try your suggestions and post you about my results.
Thanks,
Thegros.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dvalind21 Thank you so much! I tried this with livesuit and contrary to the other poster on this thread I did in fact get it to work fine with livesuit! I have been looking for days and finally found the answer. Coincidently it wasn't originally from slatedroid but from xda developers forum. Also thank you smithmal for pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate it much! I downloaded cwm successfully on my trio stealth pro 9.7 and after that tried to download cm 9 and it said succesfull on the reboot screen. Then I rebooted, it showed the cm boot screen then it said encrpytion error unsuccessful. I rebooted not knowing what to do and was stuck on the green android screen. I couldn't get into cwm recovery nor could I do a factory reset. I found the 9.7 rar from your post smithmal on xda developers, downloaded the rar, ignored the error that shows when you're finished downloading and proceeded to direct livesuit to the img file. Success! Thank you again smithmal, Dvalind21

·
Registered
1 Posts
SY970G SINUDYNE does anybody have firmware for this one please :(? thank you for your time that you spending reading this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts