·
Registered
89 Posts
another serious issue in eken firmware
games like frontline commando and many games of
gameloft that i was playing in chs fimware
are force closing in eken rom?
why? how can i fix this?
never managed to get FT commando to eork on this unit.
For other gameloft games, 6 guns, dungeon hunters are fine.

Clock needs to be set max at 960

·
Registered
86 Posts
The keyboard was reversed first time I applied it but second time around worked fine after flashing the device. I dunno what was wrong the first time but now it's working.

·
Registered
20 Posts
with this rom when i have it switched off it takes 8 hours to charge, this is not normal for 2000mA charger. is there any setting i can change to charge faster?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
This firmware is the best that I have tested.
The only problem for my hardware is skype issue : freezing or crash when I try to do a video call.
It's very frustrating and I don't know how to resolve this problem!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.. EKEN A90 firmware was wonderful! But there is a problem, that is to press the Power button twice, otherwise the lock does not open! Help me...!(my English very ignorant)

I found this firmware very good but there is a problem:
When the touchscreen is off, I would press Power button to open, but the touchscreen does not work. I press the P button a second time, this touchscreen working.(To touchscreen operations, to press the Power button twice (normally only once), otherwise the touchscreen does not work.) Why? Help me! (I'm learning English lower level
)
I use Gemei G9.
A90 firmware EKEN
MrTasselhof's Script - (Option 2 & 6)
Sausage Script - (Option 5)
Master CPU Antutu set it to 960 MHz / 60 MHz on performance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check the permissions on the file, it didn't work for me until it made sure the permission settings where right.

I also replaced the file with the one provided at the beginning of this thread but it still does not work properly. Would you be kind enough to provide a copy of the keyboard file?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recieved my G9 a week ago, but it crashed randomly, so I started right away with flashing new firmware.

I've tried the G9 v.4.10 and v.4.15 + Mr. Tasselhof's script (always setting the cpu at 960/60)- but with both the tablet either rebooted randomly - og had problems booting.

Then I tried the Eken A90 firmware with Mr. Tasselhoft's script (option 2+6) and the SausageScript (option 5) as recommended in this thread.
Then my G9 coulden't boot at all - it started, but froze before in finished botting.

Then I went back to the G9 4.10 - an still now boot.

Any ideas to what I'm dooing wrong or how I can resolve my problem? ...
I miss my tablet - it was great - when I could get in contact with it!

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello everybody!

i've been using this rom for the last couple of weeks and in general i'm very content. the only thing is that i dont have full market access. Applications such facebook, twitter etc are missing and i have to download the apks and then install them. can anyone copy/paste a build.prop file here in order to modify mine?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Hello everybody!

i've been using this rom for the last couple of weeks and in general i'm very content. the only thing is that i dont have full market access. Applications such facebook, twitter etc are missing and i have to download the apks and then install them. can anyone copy/paste a build.prop file here in order to modify mine?

thanks in advance
Here is the build.prop from my script.
View attachment build.prop.txt

Tasselhof

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This firmware works very well! I can't download the modified keylayout config either. You can modify /system/usr/keylayout/sun4i-keyboard.kl manually though.

Change

key 139 VOLUME_UP
key 217 VOLUME_DOWN

to

key 114 VOLUME_UP
key 115 VOLUME_DOWN

+ reboot
Guys... I messed up my button config and now, even with the file that you linked, any button works! Can you paste for me how your button config looks like and I i'll try to copy it?! Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi to all.

4 days after the installation of the eken firmware and adding Tasselhof & sausage scripts, its the best so far i have tried.

no reboots, full market access not a single game crash!

allready tried

CM9 in Gemei G9
G9_A4.0.3_V4.15-2GB_CHS-456
2012-29-02-Momo11-GemeiG9-ICS-4.0.3v9

EKEN is the best so far.

the only thing i miss is to return the cpu speed back to 1200mhz. heavy games like babel rising 3d & puzzle quest do run but either in low settings or slowly.

just my opinion

miltos

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello,

First of all thank you to russell359 for discovering this following rom.
I had a look on the LTPTech website (Link to Download Page) and I have noticed that the files are dated 5th of August 2012, therefore after Russell's original post (link to original post).
If you translate the page (I did it via google Chrome embedded translator), it is qouted that one of the update is related to the app storage, now up to 1.2 GB.

I gave it a try yesterday and it is working very smoothly, if compared with the Eken ROM I have been using for a while.
Google Play is already there, all options seems to work, my location is working.
I didn't root it nor I used any of the scripts available (Tasselhof or Sausage or Jealloucine), since I don't need it to be rooted if it keeps working like that.

I installed not that many apps, but Opera or Chrome to browse the internet are very fast.
Flash is working as well with no problem at all.
I had it running for 3 hours and no freezing, nor sluggish touchscreen.
Wireless seems a little bit improved as well. Do not expect a huge improvement, but again it's more responsive and connection seems a bit more stable.

The only thing i noticed is that it takes about 1 minute after powering up to be fully up to speed.
If I try to do anything in the first seconds after booting up, it is a little bit slow in response.
However, considering that with Eken I experienced the same issue, but I had to wait at least 5 minutes, this is a huge improvement.

I will keep testing it, but so far so good.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts