Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's new and they are uploading... not finished yet.

Corvus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've read on an spanish forum that this update is causing some random reboots while installing apps, so I rather using the CM9 port published there, which is pretty stable and everything runs so smooth, although it's a beta.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nothing special, I have to say... Wakeup time from Standby is quite good, but that's all I found. Honestly, I think they don't set a high value on developing Firmwares.... try CM9.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone tried this? [Firmware] Gemei G9 4.17

http://www.gemeitech...Down.asp?id=208
I tested all the firmware provided by gemei (on gemeitech.com) and have tested all the firmware on slatedroid.com. results:
- All firmware versions 4.0.3 are not working well. My G9 behind black frequent crashes (both at startup and running). Forced to restart manually.
- Firmware version 2.3.4 relatively better activity but occasionally reboot the machine itself.
I do not understand the cause is due to hardware or by other causes. I hope the help with the firmware version 4.0.3

I tested all the firmware provided by gemei (on gemeitech.com) and have tested all the firmware on slatedroid.com. results:
- All firmware versions 4.0.3 are not working well. My G9 behind black frequent crashes (both at startup and running). Forced to restart manually.
- Firmware version 2.3.4 relatively better activity but occasionally reboot the machine itself.
I do not understand the cause is due to hardware or by other causes. I hope the help with the firmware version 4.0.3

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts

Have you also used SetCPU to downclock the CPU to 960MHZ?

Tasselhof

·
Registered
104 Posts
used SetCPU to downclock the CPU to 960MHZ on 2.3.4 or 4.0.3 ? how to set ? please ? My English very bad, sorry
First you root your tablet using Mr.T script on Scripts section on this forum.

Then you download from market AnTuTu Cpu Master or SetCPU. Both can do it. Use one of these programs to set cpu to 960.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello
I'm new to this forum. Ive just bought Gemei G9 with ver. 4.15 installed and device is crashing randomly. Also Browser or Doplphin is causing freezing of system and reset is needed. It seems I should rather downgrade.
Could you advice most stable and performing ROM?
Does anyone tried 4.17 with possitive effect?
Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello
I'm new to this forum. Ive just bought Gemei G9 with ver. 4.15 installed and device is crashing randomly. Also Browser or Doplphin is causing freezing of system and reset is needed. It seems I should rather downgrade.
Could you advice most stable and performing ROM?
Does anyone tried 4.17 with possitive effect?
Thanks.
The stock Browser works a lot better with this firmware, & BBC iplayer works better, I would recommend you give it a try.

The best browser to use with this tablet I think is Opera Mobile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts