Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hands down guys, this is the best firmware for Gemei G9. Fast stable and brilliant. Used with Tasslehof script and it unlocks the market, I can pretty much see all the apps I want including google apps. Everything is fst, very little lag now.

Battery life is 9/10 solid hours with wifi on.

Lock screen problem is pretty much fixed, better than before anyway.

Also, download dolphin for pad. It is the single best tablet browser. Fast, stable and simple, even better than chrome or opera.

I hope this helps/reassures someone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The video lines should be solved to make this perfect. I suspect its something to do with the video memory being overclocked. But on the other hand, the 3G works again for me with a few tongles. It did not with the Eken FW.
Guess I will be sticking to this and maybe if anyone wants to know, I can post some of the mods and apps I add to the stock to make this fantastic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my tablet with this firmware with full format and tasselhofe script, i have problem with the battery indicator(percentance) it stack for much time in a number and suddenly go down a lot after some time, it isn't linear as the previus firmware that i had.
another problem is that many times when i press the powerbutton to turn it on from standby, the touch screen doesn't work so i can't unlock it.
is there any solution for this problems?

·
Registered
84 Posts
It works for me on AOKP and CM9. I think it also worked on Eken. Even Google Earth works on these Roms. I just haven't had it work with Gemei stock firmware.
Correction: You are absolutely right. I meant to indicate that I only used the stock G9 FWs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I confirm this firmware is the most stable and faster i tried. Everybody should try it
Thanks! I totally agree with you

Edit: boot up issues appeared again. It boots up only when then power cable is plugged in . Its really annoying. Any new tips to help me out??? Is there any way to replace the deffected nand memory or to isolate the bad sectors? Do you think gemei developers will continue support our tablet?
Thanks guys

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello,

Please note that I didn't try this Firmware - G9 V4.20.02, but I reckon that sharing this post is worthwile.

First of all thank you to russell359 for discovering this following rom.
I had a look on the LTPTech website (Link to Download Page) and I have noticed that the files are dated 5th of August 2012, therefore after Russell's original post (link to original post).
If you translate the page (I did it via google Chrome embedded translator), it is qouted that one of the update is related to the app storage, now up to 1.2 GB.

I gave it a try yesterday and it is working very smoothly, if compared with the Eken ROM I have been using for a while.
Google Play is already there, all options seems to work, my location is working.
I didn't root it nor I used any of the scripts available (Tasselhof or Sausage or Jealloucine), since I don't need it to be rooted if it keeps working like that.

I installed not that many apps, but Opera or Chrome to browse the internet are very fast.
Flash is working as well with no problem at all.
I had it running for 3 hours and no freezing, nor sluggish touchscreen.
Wireless seems a little bit improved as well. Do not expect a huge improvement, but again it's more responsive and connection seems a bit more stable.

The only thing i noticed is that it takes about 1 minute after powering up to be fully up to speed.
If I try to do anything in the first seconds after booting up, it is a little bit slow in response.
However, considering that with Eken I experienced the same issue, but I had to wait at least 5 minutes, this is a huge improvement.

I will keep testing it, but so far so good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm so dissapointed on my g9 that I'm ready to throw it in the garbage. Before i do that and see his lovely ips screen break into peaces,is there any last attempt you advice me to try and make g9 function? I'm on the latest official 20 rom.
Thanks

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm so dissapointed on my g9 that I'm ready to throw it in the garbage. Before i do that and see his lovely ips screen break into peaces,is there any last attempt you advice me to try and make g9 function? I'm on the latest official 20 rom.
Thanks

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk 2
Give the CM10 or CM9 a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Please note that I didn't try this Firmware - G9 V4.20.02, but I reckon that sharing this post is worthwile.

First of all thank you to russell359 for discovering this following rom.
I had a look on the LTPTech website (Link to Download Page) and I have noticed that the files are dated 5th of August 2012, therefore after Russell's original post (link to original post).
If you translate the page (I did it via google Chrome embedded translator), it is qouted that one of the update is related to the app storage, now up to 1.2 GB.

I gave it a try yesterday and it is working very smoothly, if compared with the Eken ROM I have been using for a while.
Google Play is already there, all options seems to work, my location is working.
I didn't root it nor I used any of the scripts available (Tasselhof or Sausage or Jealloucine), since I don't need it to be rooted if it keeps working like that.

I installed not that many apps, but Opera or Chrome to browse the internet are very fast.
Flash is working as well with no problem at all.
I had it running for 3 hours and no freezing, nor sluggish touchscreen.
Wireless seems a little bit improved as well. Do not expect a huge improvement, but again it's more responsive and connection seems a bit more stable.

The only thing i noticed is that it takes about 1 minute after powering up to be fully up to speed.
If I try to do anything in the first seconds after booting up, it is a little bit slow in response.
However, considering that with Eken I experienced the same issue, but I had to wait at least 5 minutes, this is a huge improvement.

I will keep testing it, but so far so good.
I translated mine through google and I cant see anything about increasing app space to 1.2GB. Where are you seeing this?

Ill be downloading the Q7ProH9 because that is the one russell359 linked to. If theres an updated one with more appspace please let me know.

Thank you

21 - 36 of 36 Posts