Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts
OK so market doesn't work at all? You don't get a prompt to add an account? I may have used the wrong version of gapps
Actually, I did get the startup walk-thru to add an account via gmail, but for whatever reason whenever it failed to connect to the server despite being connected perfectly to my wifi. Could this have something to do with your amended hosts file?

Like I said, I've still got it up and running on my tab; if there's a log file I can parse for you and post let me know. A cursory examination shows nothing special although I didn't reinstall root and couldn't use ES (might be that it tried to install to the sdcard?).

Again: great work so far! I think you'd be doing the many people out there with PDSNs a humongous favor just by being able to get something other than stock up and running. I'm not so sure about CM9 due to it's kind of wimpy processor - might want to try 7, but anything clean of most b&n/amazon firmware-locked tripe would be a giant leap forward.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Cm9 will run fairly well on this its almost useable on the novel with the 800mhz armv6 and 256mb of ram and no gpu acceleration. I think pdsn with twice the ram and a significantly faster armv7 CPU and powervr gpu will run it well.

I may start with cm7 just because its not going to require much to get it going. I'll get my otg adapter today so I can navigate with a mouse and actually test too.

As for market it likely doesn't like the device fingerprint which is an easy fix

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I got market connecting and working for the most part I had to open up my pdsn and disconnect the touch screen overlay because input was crazy with the broken screen and mouse fighting for control. I had hoped that there would be a serial port in there for uboot access but if its there its hiding and needs to be soldered up directly - no easy access like novel and planet have.

Cm9 will run fairly well on this its almost useable on the novel with the 800mhz armv6 and 256mb of ram and no gpu acceleration. I think pdsn with twice the ram and a significantly faster armv7 CPU and powervr gpu will run it well.

I may start with cm7 just because its not going to require much to get it going. I'll get my otg adapter today so I can navigate with a mouse and actually test too.

As for market it likely doesn't like the device fingerprint which is an easy fix
Coolness. Like I said earlier, I've just set my tab aside with your fwupdate on it and will wait until you get a testable result:) If you're more comfortable with cm9 as opposed to 7 (which is what I run on my Droid1), I'm more than willing to testbed that, too.

I'm assuming for the majority of your tinkering you're modding build/default.prop files and trying to get Cyanogen installed with hacky scripts faking the hardware id's? I seemed to recall reading in some forum at XDA (which I foolishly didn't bookmark) where someone was talking about a specific hardware lock-out latched to the firmware that might give you some trouble - might have just been some blustering, but I'll do a search later to see if I can retrieve that data for you. Keep plugging!

Coolness. Like I said earlier, I've just set my tab aside with your fwupdate on it and will wait until you get a testable result:) If you're more comfortable with cm9 as opposed to 7 (which is what I run on my Droid1), I'm more than willing to testbed that, too.

I'm assuming for the majority of your tinkering you're modding build/default.prop files and trying to get Cyanogen installed with hacky scripts faking the hardware id's? I seemed to recall reading in some forum at XDA (which I foolishly didn't bookmark) where someone was talking about a specific hardware lock-out latched to the firmware that might give you some trouble - might have just been some blustering, but I'll do a search later to see if I can retrieve that data for you. Keep plugging!
Actually I'm compiling cm9 and cm7 from source properly
I just modified my device tree to build audio with cm7 and I'm pulling in a fresh copy of the repo to compile with today. I should have a cm7 rom to test today hopefully if all goes as planned. This thing is still new to me and I don't know it very well yet but I'm figuring out it's quirks.

You can try changing the values in build.prop to match:
ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:2.3.4/GRJ22/121341:user/release-keys
ro.build.description=soju-user 2.3.4 GRJ22 121341 release-keys

and see if it helps with market but I have a feeling that it's going to be flakey with this stock build because it's api 9 2.3.1 instead of api10 2.3.4 which will limit app choices

OK new rom posted in first post based on the latest amazon gingerbread release with ad free hosts file, gapps, a few extra apps, and adb enabled by default. Let me know how it works for you guys I can't test it past the lockscreen lol

there's a new logo in there I made it shows up on reboots usually I see a .rle that is likely the boot logo but here's a shot of it
Nice logo! +1

Attn All:

Congrats and big thanks to randomblame (aka doofenshmirtz ... lolz
) for accepting our new PDSN forum mod privileges. Please contact him for any issues you may have with the PD SuperNova subforums.

Have fun!

Is this thread dead?
Sure LOOK like it,and I guess we have no one else that is interested!
I guess that PD has ditched the SuperNova/DLX....
CompUSA had a "Fire Sale" on July 4th get (2)two PDSN for $150 (one deal to a customer) over 45 individuals on the line,Store was clearer out by 11:00 AM.
Picked up a pair and flash the latest Jan 2012 FW on them and did the Ginger Break 1.2 (worked on both) Excellent deal but it

Sure LOOK like it,and I guess we have no one else that is interested!
I guess that PD has ditched the SuperNova/DLX....
CompUSA had a "Fire Sale" on July 4th get (2)two PDSN for $150 (one deal to a customer) over 45 individuals on the line,Store was clearer out by 11:00 AM.
Picked up a pair and flash the latest Jan 2012 FW on them and did the Ginger Break 1.2 (worked on both) Excellent deal but it
Actually I am working a a ROM using the stock 20120112 and using randomblame's edited .zip. Just kind of going slow as I have a couple other tablets ahead of it.

Reactions: Brazen
21 - 40 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.