Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I get the same problem so do the cache clearing and fixes for a few downloads.I found that the first few times of running market place that it tries to download a few apps with out me telling it. Once these are all done it seams to work for longer but still with the same problem.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Best way I've found to D/L apps in market.Go into Market find and start D/l of app you want, it will just sit there at starting d/l. That's ok for now just find the next app you want and start a d/l on it. Repeat until you have all the apps you want.Now cancel all the D/l you started.Exit the market.Go into setttings, manage applications and clear data in Goggle apps.Exit settingsGo back into market Login again and into D/L tabFind the largest app and start the d/l. It should start. While the d/l is still going on start the rest of the apps D/l. You can start another d/l as long as another app is still d/l. It's like once the Market thinks it's done with d/l's it's screwed up and won't start another. But as long as one app is is in d/l you can start another.Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Once a d/l starts it's probably a different issue if it is unsuccessful. It seems like when the market app has completed d/l apps it sets something in goggle apps that prevents a new d/l.Some of my reading shows that the market is not so much doing a d/l but triggering a push from google. This is all new for me. Just got my first hello world program running. Last Java I studied was 1.0 for OS/2.The app I want to right will clear the goggle app data and launch the market

·
Registered
113 Posts
You install apps, like google did the trick with deinstalling that "malicious"-testapp.You said it right, google does a "push" from thier servers to your device.Question is: why dosn't it go through, maybe because of firewall settings?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have been looking in to this.By the look of it when you start up market place a little icon apears next to your wireless icon that looks like 2 arrows going round in a circle. Now looking in the installed apps on the system it is the same icon as the sync feeds. What i have been trying to do is stop this streight after login in to market place to see if it stops but with no luck.I have noticed that if you clear the cache like said above as long as you start a download before this icon comes up you can download what you like from your downloads list as long as you start each one before the last finishes downloading

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes Me Too mad_iguanaI have had allsorts trying to download always when i reset the 3 applications. humm?I am using m003 official firmware: is it me or are we becoming so complacent with our readyness to accept 10+ firmware & 200,00+ apps (20% only are legit and dont steal info) with complete access to passwords, banks, id, your lifeBondback

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Same thing Random apps that start D/l but fail. But when they fail they screw up cache so you can't d/l. You need to go back and clear Google apps.Wonder if this is some odd way of sending featured app list or icons for Browse?We need to track what apps are trying to d/l. Are mine the same ones as yours? Are they new apps, Just revised or just added to featured?I don't know.Just d/l app I wanted. (pocket agent) and Launcher Dock and Androlib Wallpapers tried and failed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
dose anyone think it is possible that all of these were shipped with some sort of malicious code in them.i have the same issue the workaroud works for a short time. there is defiantly a link with logging into gtalk, as soon as you sign in it starts trying to download a bunch of apps all unsuccessful but the ones you download in the store are fine until it stops working again. I did download the free anitvirus from the market and it came up clean. but i am cautious about using this thing for banking and whatever else that is risky because it could have some sort of code in it that is screwing with everything. just a thought =P

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote name='ostara;14295]dose anyone think it is possible that all of these were shipped with some sort of malicious code in them.i have the same issue the workaroud works for a short time. there is defiantly a link with logging into gtalk' date=' as soon as you sign in it starts trying to download a bunch of apps all unsuccessful but the ones you download in the store are fine until it stops working again. I did download the free anitvirus from the market and it came up clean. but i am cautious about using this thing for banking and whatever else that is risky because it could have some sort of code in it that is screwing with everything. just a thought =P[/QUOTE'] also these pads were meant for sale to the Chinese not necessarily to americans or any other country. the Chinese are a communist nation and have strict controls. The kernal is "dirty" thats a red flag for me right there although i dont know why it is named dirty at the end, but it just sounds suspicious. These, well at least mine came in Chinese language, with a working Chinese app store and a broken google app store. It just seems like due to circumstances there is a chance that it was broken on purpose.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So to sum up... We now have the Market Place Icon.. but can't download .. much or anything.. to our IPED's BAD TIMES!!!...Come on Eken.. Hows about a fix.. on this one?cheers and all of that..B

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
[quote name='ostara;14295]dose anyone think it is possible that all of these were shipped with some sort of malicious code in them.i have the same issue the workaroud works for a short time. there is defiantly a link with logging into gtalk' date=' as soon as you sign in it starts trying to download a bunch of apps all unsuccessful but the ones you download in the store are fine until it stops working again. I did download the free anitvirus from the market and it came up clean. but i am cautious about using this thing for banking and whatever else that is risky because it could have some sort of code in it that is screwing with everything. just a thought =P[/QUOTE'] Possible yes, but more likely because of the bug and our work around we are seeing a update to a list as a d/l attempt.This is why I am trying to relate what apps attempt to d/l with what is happening in the market.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.