Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've not fooled around a lot on the android, and I'm quite unfamiliar, so give me a little slack on the fresh meat questions :eek:I'm using Android 2.1 X5aDefault BrowserWorking Gmail and MarketI've only installed Rotate, a Live Wallpaper and a Wifi On/Off switch1) Sometimes when i turn on the mid, I get error notice... something about Home can't open, or some error.Get the option to Force Close or Wait. I hit wait and everything is fine.Is this a normal glitch?2) I saw it asked in here before about email. Can you turn off automatic word fill ? You have to click the word you want every time you type a word. It really defeats the nice keyboard these have.3) Is there a better, faster, stable Browser besides the Default? I see some listed, but what do you all find works well most of the time? (being used on wifi with cable internet on wifi router)4) MOVIE PLAYER -- so it seems this doesn't come with on already on it. There's Rockplayer, RealPlayer, XYPlayer, Act1 Player... WOW.......Is there one that works with most formats on the x5a ? like avi, mp4, flv and mkv ?5) SMALL size apps, for things like Real percentage battery gauge, wifi on/off... Asomething to automatically find Wifi Hotspots?6) Lastly, any way to put apps in the Notification Bar or some such thing. It's a real pain having to back out of everything to hit my rotate icon :mad:thnx

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
cancelx;53882]Hi. I said:
yes, I used to see it sometimes on my M003. Custom ROM with different launcher/swap etc stopped it. Something on home page is taking too long to load. hitting wait gives it time to complete.
2) I saw it asked in here before about email. Can you turn off automatic word fill ? You have to click the word you want every time you type a word. It really defeats the nice keyboard these have.
Not sure on your device.
3) Is there a better, faster, stable Browser besides the Default? I see some listed, but what do you all find works well most of the time? (being used on wifi with cable internet on wifi router)
Lets start a war. I like Dolphin works well for me. but trying Skyfire for it's ability to play video.
4) MOVIE PLAYER -- so it seems this doesn't come with on already on it. There's Rockplayer, RealPlayer, XYPlayer, Act1 Player... WOW.......Is there one that works with most formats on the x5a ? like avi, mp4, flv and mkv ?
Anyone left alive after fighting about browsers can fight about players. Act1 works for me but I don't watch a lot of video.
5) SMALL size apps, for things like Real percentage battery gauge, wifi on/off... Asomething to automatically find Wifi Hotspots?
Wifi analyzer also in wifi setting turn on Network notification. If you like geeky Tricorder will also find wifi info.
6) Lastly, any way to put apps in the Notification Bar or some such thing. It's a real pain having to back out of everything to hit my rotate icon :mad:
On my M003 if I turn off auto rotate I get a icon in bar to swap rotation. But some apps override it so it won't work. The GT78 doesn't have this icon. Need an app that long press on search button causes rotation. I wonder if a key remapping might do it.thnx

·
Registered
164 Posts
6) Lastly, any way to put apps in the Notification Bar or some such thing. It's a real pain having to back out of everything to hit my rotate icon Download BAR CONTROL with which you can ADD Apps on NotF. Bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.