Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the wi-fi on the unit is a hit or miss. Sometimes the connection fails and turns off. Does anyone know a fix for this? My wi-fi connection is strong, but the unit fails to connect sometimes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ignite;36958 said:
Mine works fine on WEP.
I think it is more my routers + WEP that caused the problem.Had no problems with wifi is two other locations.I use WPA2 + only specified mac addresses can connectI thought WPA2 was superior to WEP, only used WEP because my old WM phone had trouble with WPA2

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote name='nickobec;37028]I think it is more my routers + WEP that caused the problem.Had no problems with wifi is two other locations.I use WPA2 + only specified mac addresses can connectI thought WPA2 was superior to WEP' date=' only used WEP because my old WM phone had trouble with WPA2[/QUOTE'] Ooops sorry, my bad. Correct, WPA is better and WEP is the less secure... I got them mixed up....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have a WIFI problem, the apad will scan and find networks (sometimes), occasionally connect to my router, if i'm lucky i get a few minutes of 'online' time to update my mail or download something from the market but then it disconnects again. Most of the time i just get 'disconnected' though, and no connection possible. I fear that there might be a hardware problem, a bad connection or something, but I dread opening up the apad, since it will leave cosmetic marks, but if it can be solved by ie. resoldering some wires then I have no problem with it. Anyone has an idea about the hardware configuration and if my feeling could be correct? If it is a software issue, i don't know where to start looking, but all tips and tricks are welcome!!rockchip apad with RB 5.1 (also tried RB6)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.