Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I've a Zenithink E98 "non F" version with the last official firmware 20110701.I'm very proud of my tablet...it's fantastic!I love it!

Anyway i've a little trouble with the "multitouch" resistive panel...
With games like PES2011, Samurai II...and all others games that have directional control on a side and action button on the other side...i can't select togheter more than one button!It's a very annoying problem...
I can't move the player and press an action button in the same time...how do you play football game?How do you play action game?

So i think that panel is a Fake Multitouch resistive panel!It's good only for Angry Birds and for the pitch-to-zoom...why?!?

Is there a way to improve the multitouch?How i can select two button in the same time?

Thank for all...and sorry for my English!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Alex44 said:
Test the touch screen work yesterday in a program Pointer location. And that's what's interesting to note: the sensor adequately takes control of the finger with the appropriate force (pushing, holding, scroll) around the perimeter of the screen - somewhere in the range of 1-1.5 cm from the edge. Pressing force is recorded in the range of 0.5-0.8. To work comfortably. But closer to the center of the situation much worse - press and hold still with difficulty, but the same scrolling is not obtained (or have the strongest emissions, or tears). And the pressure in the middle finger has a fairly strong, but pressing the power is registered is not very big (0.2-0.4). If you tap the screen with stylus or your fingernail, then that at the edges of the screen that the center contact are recorded clearly, strongly do not need to push, and the force pressing the registers in the range of 0.7-0.8.
It was the observation, and reflection now. The impression is that the touch screen when you bend your finger in the center, and because of this we have put a great effort to push it until you hear clicking. And at the edges it is likely to rely on some sort of frame, so do not bend, and to press him much is required. Can this be done?

And one more thing. Program Pointer location register by clicking on the image sensor - option Prs. And in my case always selects this option in red, regardless of its value. The minimum value of 0.15 was obtained for me, if you crush weaker nazhanie not fixed. The maximum value - somewhere between 0.8 and 0.9. Oh, and any intermediate values. But in any case, the parameter is highlighted in red, as if out of a permissible range.
information from our russian forum 4pda.ru

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
This is the limitation of resistive screen. It does multi touch using software but the hardware was not made for it. Only solution is to buy capacitive screen tablet to give best gaming experience.

Resistive is really only meant for 1 point touch. Not sensitive enough to do multi touch properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The tablet suddenly lost display responsiveness and there is almost no chance to control apps.
I have 20110701 firmware and the problem began after one night charging...
Restart and display calibration didnt help
Any idea?

·
Registered
615 Posts
citron:
can recalibrate or pointer location?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I can recalibrate, but the result is the same as before. Basically it hardly response on finger touch and it is little bit better for the pen but still much more worst then before...

Hopefully it will get solved by new firmware and it is just some software bug...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you try the factory reset? If it's software problems, it would be figure out by reset.
Hello and sorry if I'm not posting this at the right place, but could someone please explain the difference between multitouch and resistive screens?

Thank you,

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Hello and sorry if I'm not posting this at the right place, but could someone please explain the difference between multitouch and resistive screens?
Wrong thread but I will answer.

You mean resistive vs capacitive screen.

Resistive screen - 1 point touch + press harder on the screen to register key press
Capacitive screen - 2 or 5 point touch + press gently on the screen

Many games need 2 point capacitive screen. If you game, get tablet with capacitive screen for sure. Capacitive costs about $30 more for 7" and $40-$60 more for 10" but way worth it in the long run. 5 point is nice to have but 2 point capacitive is good enough for everything.

Some resistive screens offer software multitouch but that is only good for pinch to zoom (zoom in & out for reading text). Resistive multitouch cannot be used for any games that require 2 or more buttons to be used at same time because done by software. ie, not real multitouch

Hardware multitouch (capacitive screen) means being able to hit 2 or more buttons at same time on the screen. In certain games, one to control your character's movement and the other button for shooting weapons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts