Android Tablets Forum banner

Extract existing rom on my tablet possible using adb?

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ktakis 
#1 ·
Guys is it possible? If ever how and how do I do it? Thnx in advance!

#2 ·
Good evening,you can extract by "adb" the system :adb pull /system ./system

#8 ·
Hey guys,

I am new here, looking to learn and to help me and others with the same problem i have currently

I have a MID7022, trying to root it i did a little mistake and FWDN a modded M801 ROM onto it

The Tablet went into fastboot mode auto on boot , so i had 1/2 bricked it... i managed to update boot/system from fastboot and got CW on it so i was be able to restore most, but not all...

LK.rom as far as i know who is Layer0 of the tablet was not restored. The Tablet is working but has a problem, during the FWWDN process i low level formatted nand, this one does not get mounted correctly now, its getting mounted R/O instead of R/W so i need to fix that.

Also, the touchscreen is half bricked, takes about 2 minutes after reboot to get responsive and locks up sometimes after suspend but comes back after a little while

So the MID7022 i have runs on a Layer0 M801 LK.rom, i would be fine with it but i need to get the touchscreen problem done, i bough a second Mid7022 without hardware problems, so i have a original, i try to find a way to extract that layer and produce a FWDN rom out of it.

I know at least 2 more people who got the same problem as i do, i would help them as well and post a solution everywhere, if someone knows the process of extraction and compilation of this file, would be really really appreciated.

My mistake was to rely on build.prop where M801 is mentioned as HW base for this device, the through is it is more likely a M708/EM73 rom, that one is only available as 2.3 and i also dont have acess to those files

CobyUSA refuses to release there original rom's, they rather have me send it in or go to Toys R Us and exchange it, even it would boost there sales and decrease the returns, i dont understand...

So, if you have any info or know someone who has info please help us out

P.S. when i went today to get my 2nd MID7022 to TRS, i unpacked it right there to check its condition, i went through 3 before i found a good one,the others had pixel errors and bleeding issues with the screen. They told me they will send the whole batch ( 20 ) to Coby, so when you buy one, be careful, i bough 2 out of 6 so thats not a good number...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.