Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey everyone,been following the slate business for a few months now, finally got an Eken M001 myself aswell.I've been experimenting with the Eken and looking through these forums to find an actually usable USB port that I could plug a USB device into. Do some of the Ekens have USB ports by default? I know mine doesn't, apart from the iPod connector, which I've had no success with, concerning powering up external USB devices.Thanks in advance!EDIT: I've also noticed that around 90% of the pictures posted in several USB port-related threads have been removed, so not much luck there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already modified the cable that came with it according to this: http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin...nnection-without-opening-case-pin_details.jpgHad the same colors and I did also solder the "extra ground" wires to ground, as in the picture.Still though, using a multimeter I'm not reading anything on the +5V/GND. Is the Eken pushing +5V to those pins when the device is on? I read something about having Wifi on, but that's propably got something to do with the internal USB connections.Anyway, I've changed the cables completely a couple of times and getting the same readings, I didn't completely reassemble the iPod connector-end of the cable, could that be the case? (as in the exterior shell that was around the connector)Also thanks Yoda. ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
working with so small pins is nasty.. they sometimes enter the wrong path, sometimes they get messy or bad connection to the landing surface.. if u can get at least the two data pins working, u can use a self-powered usb hub.. then u'll get working usb devices on it..FYI i used the 9th pin for +5V (it's not so close to other data pins like 10th) and ground or 30 pin (29 will be the same) ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I made the usb cable, but the mouse and keyboard don?t work, 9th and ground its working because the lights it?s on... and i think the data pins are rigth... It?s possible that with the original firmware don?t work?

·
Registered
646 Posts
[quote name='xuso_p;9916]I made the usb cable' date=' but the mouse and keyboard don?t work, 9th and ground its working because the lights it?s on... and i think the data pins are rigth... It?s possible that with the original firmware don?t work?[/QUOTE'] I had the same issue and I redo it like 10 times, at the end it worked.29 and 30 should be connected both to the ground.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use pin10: to 5v, pin12 and pin13 to data and 29 to ground. I will repeat tomorrow and i will try... this evening i will buy other 32pin usb cable... and try, try... thanks amigo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.