Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will somebody compile a new kernel for this device. The kernel this device and other rockchip 3066 devices suffer with sdcard corruption. Why don't somebody get rid of xingyu-desktop#129 His computer or himself is stupid and has a glitch. We need someone to recompile this kernel and fix the errors. I've searched the net and found it is on all rockchip devices with kernel 3.0.8 from some jerk named xingyu. He's prolly laughing at all of us with all the credit card info he may have gotten from people due to this guy being very ignorant and adding a glitch to the sdcard kernel side. Each mount or remount, even reboot the sdcard becomes corrupted. Ntfs works ok however it slows down after a bit. Ext4 will not mount, EVEN THOUGH ANDROID IS LINUX. Why is beyond me. I'm new to android yet and I am learning it each day, learning that I have to soon teach my self to compile from source as to many people are making roms by means of decompiling with the tools. I have yet to see a rom built from scratch to fix issues. I know you all will agree with me. Its not a hardware issue either. If it is then this jerk named xingyu made the hardware.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
While it is safe to say a lot of people have this issue, all is a stretch. I use quite a few different MicroSD from 4GB to 64GB including swapping a 32GB in the vold file to use for the "internal" storage and have only had a 4GB generic have any real corruption. That was fixed by wiping the partition. I have had several false corrupt/fix messages when connecting to my PC that I ignore because it pretty much happens on every tablet I have ever owned at one point or another. I seriously doubt it is a kernel issue and while I am not certain it seems more likely an issue with the MicroSD slots themselves. I have read people have claimed to fix the problem they were having by using a small shim when inserting the MicroSD. But it is definitely not unique to the RK3066 and it is kind of childish to trash someone's work you cannot do yourself on a problem you are not certain of the cause.

The reason ext4 will not mount is because it has to be compatible across multiple platforms to work properly. Android is not Linux, Android is Linux based which is a huge difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts