Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there was wondering if anyone had made an external battery pack either small like the ones you place double A batteries into and charge your phone, or up scaled to a belt or even a vest for longer use out of tablets. When power points are absent for a day or so. Interested in assembling one myself. (currently getting a M001 and have heard the battery life is a weak point. Would rather not cram an extra battery inside if i can get away with it)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the M001 for just over a week now.As for the ext battery initially I thought that this will be simple as I made one for my pda before. It's still easy enough to build one but there are inconvenices. As the charger output is 9V, 6 alkaline (9V) or 8 NiMH (8.8-9.6V) is needed. The thought of having to recharge 2 lots of 4 NiMH on the road threw me off (sigh) and I don't like the idea of throw away batteries either.Considering that 8 NimH, battery holder and plug will cost about $20 + charger if you don't have one, this may be an alternative http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4813 It has a 9V output. May someone can find one cheaper without the solar charger. It's almost half the cost of the M001. Wel I might as well carry a real book with me as a back up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.