Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, I got a serious problem with busybox, I use stericson installer as that is whats recomended by xda - installation goes fine as you can see on attached screenshots, but after reboot busybox is reverted to the old version, and I can start over installing again. I tried to install to /system/bin instead, but it didn't help.

I have got an unknown MINAMI Allwinner A20 1.2Ghz dualcore tablet with 1Gb ddr3 Ram, 8Gb rom, 7" display with 1024*600', HDMI, Micro USB OTG host, dual cam, wi-fi, power and back buttons, vol+/- soft buttons, stock recovery (3e), jellybean 4.2.2, pre-rooted from factory.

I have no idea if the bootloader is unlocked or not, as I can't seem to find any expert that can tell me how to find out. And believe me, I have searched for that all over the net and in several different forums.

So, I'm asking if anyone can help me getting busybox to stick with the new version and not revert.

With kind regards

JBJ

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry, but though I got 34 posts in this forum, I'm not allowed to upload more than 2kb files - moderator that must be an error!

Edit: LinkMeister, upload size is now 16mb so ok, but advanced uploader doesn't work(it worked before) and I have flash installed.

Neither do the save button in the basic editor.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Sorry, but though I got 34 posts in this forum, I'm not allowed to upload more than 2kb files - moderator that must be an error!
Yes, this is an error. Apologies :sorry: for your trouble and thanks for mentioning your upload limit.
I will inform our support team of your concern via the moderator forum.

Slatedroid settings have been messed up for a couple weeks and issues are being addressed by our support team.
RE: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/101369-new-site-problems-after-the-forum-was-upgraded/page-2#entry1203250

Should you run into any other issues, please don't hesitate to make a post in the Slatedroid.com Suggestions/Site Bug Reports forum.

Regards,
Mrsburnout

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks LinkMeister:)

Btw - for those with this problem, DO NOT try to uninstall stericson installer and then install jrummy installer! After reboot it will result in 0 storage capacity - you are warned!

I were lucky and had my apk's backed up on extsd so I could install Es file explorer and copy old busybox to /system/bin and after reboot everything back to normal. Except for busybox being old version again.

Back to my topic, I have discovered that the old busybox resides in /sbin - can I overwrite it with the new version without running into problems?

JBJ
Perfect keyboard is great, I love the arrow keys:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Something strange - hope someone can explain this - I seem to have busybox 3 places(or 2 places, where 1 is symlinked(I assume the arrow on the busybox thumbnail/icon means symlink - correct me if I'm wrong). Please take a look at the screenshots.

One of the busybox files has no filedate or modification date - I assume this is the old version of busybox since its the located in /system/bin.

I asked before if I can overwrite this one with newer version without running into problems? Please someone answer this:)

JBJ

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts