Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hoping to recieve my aPad (the one I'm keeping) this week, and just wanted to ask a couple of questions in preparation for the big event, lol:1. I've read a lot of posts about the mic not working at all. Is this true? Do the mics not work?? I'm getting the RK2808 w/ cam from mp4nation, so it's a pretty reputable seller. If the mic is non-functional, then WTH is it even there for? Is there a fix?2. I do not have a gmail account. I plan to download Opera Mini as well as Skyfire from the Marketplace right off the bat (and probably a couple of other apps). Should I go ahead and sign up for one now?3. From what I understand, the backing on these things is plastic. Anyone painted theirs with the special plastic-bonding spray paint yet?ETA: just realized that I added question 3 at the last minute and forgot to edit the thread title to reflect ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
1/ The microphone was fixed in the 0611 official rom update. I have never tested it, so I really can't comment on how well it works or even if it does work. I'm using rogerbrauns 5.1 custom rom, which is a hybrid of other roms, so it should contain the 0611 fix.2/ Signup now or using your apad, it doesn't matter. Obviously if you get a gmail account now, you won't have to sign up when the device arrives.3/ Carnivore heavily modded his apad. Ask him what he used to paint it.I hope you enjoy the device, I'm really enjoying mine.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Ok a few answers1. I am pretty sure the mic issue has been resolved with one of the custom firmwares2. Google android loves gmail. It will make a lot of things u want to do much simpler. So sign up I hear its free3 their has been a few but not many have posted pics. If I remember correctly the whole shell of the apad is plastic so u could use krylon fusion paintSent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one that I bought from mp4nation comes pre...loaded (flashed?) with this:http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin...-firmware-for-aPad-Test-3.5-(updated-June-8th)Is that the right thing?I just went ahead and signed up for a gmail account. What does the aPad use it for, anyway? I don't really prefer to use it, myself. I'm pretty married to the browser based hosting account email.I did see the Carnivore thread! If I'm not mistaken, he said he just used normal matte black spray paint. I guess I need to watch his videos, but all of the hardware stuff confused me.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
U will need the gmail account to access the marketplaceAlso it makes u look much cooler to friends and familyThe krylon fusion paint is made to bond to plastics. So unless ur a pro like carnivore it may make painting it alot easierSent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[we moderators love direct questions like this - instant answer, just add water]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mp4doggie;13729 said:
U will need the gmail account to access the marketplaceAlso it makes u look much cooler to friends and familyThe krylon fusion paint is made to bond to plastics. So unless ur a pro like carnivore it may make painting it alot easierSent from my Eris using Tapatalk
Well...everyone and their brother has a gmail addy nowadays. I like being different! It's all good, though. If I need one to use the Marketplace, then so be it :)Oh, and yeah, IDK that I'm up for doing all of the sanding and stuff. Krylon Fusion is actually what I meant, I just couldn't think of the brand name at that moment. i'm not even sure I would do it with that, though. It'd be just my luck to not cover something completely and end up ruining the whole tablet. maybe I'll do a sticker or something :DETA @lawman: LOL, I try ;)

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Hmmm stickers u say. Dnt tell anyone but we are having custom stickers madeStay tunedSent from my Eris using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.