Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything working except netflix on stock firmware

netflix starts up everything works but when i start play the movie only the audio is heard but no video just a black screen with movie audio,and when i push the back button to exit it does not respond and i get a force quit or wait button.

i am on the stock firmware the one that looks like apple clone 2.6.13 kernal

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nobody has experienced this problem?
Everyone on a Tianfeng HT_PAD1051 tablet has this problem...I'm hoping we can work it out once the Android 2.3 firmware hits (at least one person has it booting with minor problems, and there are other indications a release is in the works from Pandawill). The vast majority of the other "unsupported" tablets that run Netflix successfully are doing it on Gingerbread.

In other words, sit tight, enjoy your tablet, and hopefully the problems with Netflix get worked out.

Also (on the topic of playing video over wifi), if you're interested in playing video from samba shares (your home network's "shared" folders on PC's running Windows/Linux/etc.), check out ES File Explorer in conjunction with a player such as Rockplayer. There's also a way to get the tablet to mount network shared folder locations in your tablet's memory by enabling CIFS support and using a cifs manager app. Once you get it working, your "public videos" folder on a windows PC on your home network, for example, can be made to show up as if it's a folder on your tablet's memory card, and you can play videos, listen to music, open pictures, etc. just as if it's another folder on your memory card.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts